PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training Adelaide....

SPITFIRE2006
10th Sep 2006, 04:53
Hi everyone,

I am a grade 3 instructor looking to find work with a busy flying school to gain my experience and filter my knowledge. I recently applied with CSWAFC but wasn’t successful with the process and now just applied with FTA. I've heard a lot of good things about this flying school and would love to work for them. They have been advertising for instructor jobs for sometime now and it seems they are desperate for instructors with this new JAL express contract. Does anyone know what the interview process holds? And what was it like working there? Any information would be much appreciated...

glekichi
10th Sep 2006, 07:13
Would like to know same, and more about what they are like to work for.
Ive been watching their website for a while as Im keen to move back home to Adl but they have previously only wanted grade 2 and above.
They must be getting needy if they have lowered it to grade 3, but I wonder if they have dropped (or actually ever had, for that matter) the $4000 application fee.

SPITFIRE2006
11th Sep 2006, 03:49
anyoneeee????

Aussie
11th Sep 2006, 07:02
Gday,

I dont work for them, but know a little about them as i went through the initial stages but then declined the job when i was told you have to pay 3700 bux for standardisation!

Your up for the same as a grade 3, with no guarantee of work.

Aussie

ms747
7th Oct 2006, 06:15
gday, ive had a couple of mates, go through with them one do his inital rating with them, hes been offered a job but so far its been mainly TIF's and desk duty with very little pay! Another guy went down and paid the standardisation fee and has had a little work! its a bit of a joke having to pay money of that amount for something that wont even guarantee work at the end. CSWAFC are advertising again they seem to be pretty desperate

hope that helps

Aussie
8th Oct 2006, 01:40
Give China Southern a go, they dont charge anything :ok:

Aussie

moreorless
8th Oct 2006, 01:59
I'm not an instructor and I know this thread was specific to a particular organisation but I would have to say that for decades now it seems flying schools generally have treated "instructors" poorly in terms of pay and conditions. The sad thing is the instructors let them. All in the name of hours. It seems to me the hours need to be done by those schools irrespective of the instructor renumeration - this is a commercial reality.

I would think it reasonable that instructors hold out and get paid a fair amount for their labours. If pilots held their ground then flying schools would need to adapt and pay what is fair. Then perhaps questions such as was raised in this thread would not need to be asked.