PDA

View Full Version : Phase II - Early November

datafox
10th Sep 2006, 02:05
South Florida guy here looking to share 2 hours of B747 sim time in MIA with another Phase II'er. Sim is approx $700 for 2 hours. If you need a place in South Florida to crash our house is always available.

I also have my Phase II in early November. I'm planning to go a couple days early to visit Hong Kong. If someone wants to join to share costs feel free as well.

SSDiscovery
10th Sep 2006, 02:56
I will be attending Stage 2 early Nov/06, I would be interested in sharing some 747/200 time with you. What are the details? Simcom MIA? What is your email? I think if we could get 3 ppl in the Sim...alot of knowledge could be learned during the PNF time, as well as money's worlth.

machten
10th Sep 2006, 22:37
Guys, I'd be interested too. But, do you guys know for sure it's gonna be the 742? I know in the interview they told me to expect the -200 but I'd rather wait for the packet before I make a decision. Who knows, they might change and say it'll be the -400.

datafox
10th Sep 2006, 23:46
I just assumed it would be the B747-200. I'll call the company down here in Miami that has the sim and make sure that I can wait until I receive the packet to get a sim slot. I don't want to wait too long and then not have any slots available.

SSDiscovery
11th Sep 2006, 00:37
I totally agree with "machten"..waiting for the package is step 1. I will also call around the country inquiring about 742 sim's and there availability. However, don't be surprized if the 742 is "broken" and they switch you to the 744 on the spot. It's been known to happen. Keep me posted!

machten
11th Sep 2006, 01:50
Other possibilities for -200 sim:

NATCO in MSP

Alteon in SDF

An FTD in CYXX (Coastal Pacific?)

Keep me posted as well!

rampvet
12th Sep 2006, 19:42
Machten: I used the -200 sim at CYXX (Abbotsford, B.C., about an hour east of YVR). Time well spent, especially since the instructor knew the CX evaluation profile well. $450 CAD per hour, or something like that. Run by CP Advanced Flight at Coastal Pacific college.

machten
12th Sep 2006, 23:54
Thanks for the info Vet! For me, the only problem is getting there. Do you think 2 hrs in the FTD is enough? I'm instrument current and I've been flying "steam" gauges lately.

rampvet
16th Sep 2006, 22:38
Machten:
Yeah, I only did one hour flying the sim and then another hour sitting in the jump seat watching another guy do an hour of practice. It was enough to get a feel for the weight, momentum, etc.
I have not flown anything heavy so I was glad to get an idea of big jet inertia. The 35 year old cockpit layout of the -200 is a similar vintage to what I fly now so the instruments were not a problem for me.
RV