PDA

View Full Version : TACA

flyingsaucer
9th Sep 2006, 15:28
Hello

anyone have information about TACA airlines based in el salvador?
Anyone know if they are hiring and what their requirements are.

thx

PIPE RIDER
9th Sep 2006, 20:28
Requirements Are:

Be Willing To Fly For A Lot Of Hours, And Have Minimum Rest That According To Salvadorenian Regulations Is 6 Hours.
Be Willing Fly By Hourly Payment Without No Base Salary,
And Of Course Stay In 2 Star Hotels, During Layovers.
Thats Why About 30 Pilots From Grupo Taca Left Last Year.

flyingsaucer
10th Sep 2006, 00:17
Is that the case for all the pilots of TACA or this is for TACA regional.

do u also get this kind of treatment when u are on the airbus?

and do u know the hours requirements.

Thanks

Panama Jack
11th Sep 2006, 05:40
There is no such thing as a "TACA Regional Airlines", per se, inasmuch as a motley grouping of domestic airlines in each country.

Aeroperlas on Panama
SANSA in Costa Rica
La Costeña in Nicaragua
Isleña in Honduras.

They provide feeding to TACA and paint their airplanes with the blue tails and the characteristic red splotch (I believe it's blood from a birdstrike with a some poor guacamayo somewhere over the Central American jungles).

Most of them pay very poor wages and the treatment from management, I've been told, is deplorable. The only reason for being there is 1) you cannot work in the USA or other country, or 2) you are low-time and hoping to get into TACA (plus reason 1).

flyingsaucer
11th Sep 2006, 18:17
Thanks again for those information

As for my situation i am flying currently in the USA for a regional carrier and i have a little over 2000 hours including 1000 hours jet time.
my wish would be to get hired directly with TACA international.

If so anyone have any idea of the minimum requirements and if they are actively hiring.

Panama Jack
12th Sep 2006, 02:53
Which country are you a citizen of?

flyingsaucer
12th Sep 2006, 13:37
i am from france but i work in the USA with a green card.

i have family in central america which is why i am very interested in TACA international.

so do u know their hiring requirements or where i can find them?

thanks

Panama Jack
12th Sep 2006, 18:29
In that case, no chance.

You need to be a citizen of either Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala or Peru to be considered, in which case you would apply to the TACA office in the respective country of your nationality.

bcqc
13th Sep 2006, 03:12
any movement at those regional like sansa? i might be able to get a tica cedula!!!

camprax
16th Sep 2006, 20:40
Any info on TACA in Costa Rica,where to apply,requirements,salary,conditions etc etc.Just married a Tica...

camprax
17th Sep 2006, 12:29
Appreciate the candid reply,have a friend flying the caravan for sansa and he is trying to tell me that co-pilots on the A320 take home 3500usd per month......bit of a tall story?

camprax
17th Sep 2006, 13:16
Any guys/girls with LAN out there? ...are they hiring? requirements/pay/rosters/upgrades etc etc...
regards

Panama Jack
17th Sep 2006, 16:03
I was told $2500 per month for FO's, $4000 for Captains whether you are brand new or have been in the left seat since Lionel Yerex was around.

Know several TACA and ex-TACA pilots from Honduras, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica. All are disenchanted with their situation, one of them now flies in the Middle East for one of the major airlines. He explains that in Costa Rica on $2500 one can live a good standard of living, but forget about saving money. All of the salaries are paid in local currency, and with the local currencies being devalued against the US dollar but local prices set in local currency pegged to the value of the US Dollar, you are making a little less every month.

Still, comparitively speaking, in C.A. $2500/month is a fairly high salary-- with many earning only a few hundred dollars a month. That doesn't make the region any cheaper to live unless you are looking for manual labor, it just shows how bad economically the situation is for the majority.

carluman
1st Jun 2007, 14:48
i was born in el salvador and live in the states. Iam a US citizen and have all my ratings, i was wondering how to get an interview with taca.

carluman
1st Jun 2007, 14:50
I was wondering how to get an interviw with taca. I was born in El Salvador and live the states, dual citizen. I also have all my ratings with 100 ttl multy time.

BUSTRASH
2nd Jun 2007, 02:29
IF you or your parents are Salvadorean even if you grew up in the states you will have a fair shot at Taca. But dont go there. Trust me. Do the right thing. Cfi 135, 121 regional, supp and then major.

Pilotslave
5th Jun 2007, 03:47
How do you get on with TACA.........APPLY:O.....everyone is hired :eek: their desperate for pilots, no one wants to work for food.:oh: oops:{
well some of us will work for free.:ok:

Eaag.
29th Jul 2007, 16:33
where do you get your licences and ratings.

CARLUMAN

jet320
31st Jul 2007, 11:49
Hi, look I work for the company around 14 years, salary at the beggining was not a concern, based out of Costa Rica it was good, but CR is very expensive, I will say, more than some states in USA, quality of life in TACA is good, roster, good aircrafts, so so hotels but the pay wayyyy to low. Stay in the USA build some hours and wait for the big boom, unless your are looking for a type on A320 that they probably will charge you, Best:ok:

Tex
31st Jul 2007, 12:41
All I can tell you is that they have the rudest flight attendants in the world. They try their best to slam their doors loudly in the hotels they stay in, and talk loudly in the hallways. Then, if that's not enough, they congregate in the lobby so as no one can get through. They just look at you like they expect you to wait until they are ready to move. They certainly have no consideration for others. Biggest bunch of a-holes I care to ever run into.

I can't tell you much about the pilots because they never speak to anyone outside of their group, but that could just be language/culture difference.

Oh, wait, I can hear them in the hallway as I type this. A-holes!

Panama Jack
31st Jul 2007, 14:22
Of course, they are Flight Attendants for Grupo TACA. This is a "big deal" job in Central America.

Tex
1st Aug 2007, 23:33
Does that mean they should be arrogant A-holes, without consideration for others? Maybe I should slam my door about five times, as hard as they do, in the middle of their rest. No I wouldn't do that, as I'm a professional aircrew member, not an arrogant, inconsiderate A-hole.

jet320
2nd Aug 2007, 14:09
I used to work for TACA for 14 years, the company culture is great, roster is good enough to make a living, but there is always one thing that makes the whole deal worst, money is te real concern, I was earning 3900 USD on the A320 family in Costa Rica. If you have a CR passport or are you legal to work in CA called 506 242 10 53 Cap Salazar is the one who can hired you. My adviced stay in the USA and wait the big boom!

csp(ex-cmx)
2nd Aug 2007, 15:37
Hi to all, anybody nows something about TACA getting new EMB190???

REGARDS....................

Panama Jack
2nd Aug 2007, 16:10
Does that mean they should be arrogant A-holes, without consideration for others? Maybe I should slam my door about five times, as hard as they do, in the middle of their rest. No I wouldn't do that, as I'm a professional aircrew member, not an arrogant, inconsiderate A-hole.

Yes, of course you could, and I understand your frustration, but . . . I could hear the conversation in the (TACA) room right now :E :

"ayyy. . . esos Gringos!!! Que baaaarbaaaaridad!!! Se creen gran cosa!!!" :hmm:
(ohhhh . . . these gringos!!! How inconsiderate!!! They think they are the best!!!)

Maybe you should join them. Bring your boombox, a bottle of rum and some reggaeton on CD. ;)

Eaag.
3rd Aug 2007, 16:11
I would like to become an airline pilot.

coud you recomend me a flight school. I want to take a professional pilot program.

Where do you get your licenses and ratings.

Thank you

Panama Jack
7th Aug 2007, 16:47
A few days ago, a friend of mine who was a Captain at TACA until earlier this year (and now flies for one of the airlines in India) forwarded me a write up by another TACA pilot, that gives a good overview of the personnel crisis that is affecting crisis and how the worldwide pilot poaching phenonemon is affecting them (which the author describes as a "domino effect").

The original is in Spanish:

LO QUE ESTA PASANDO EN TACA.

Hay muchas veces en la vida que preferimos callar porque es más fácil, pero cuando eso puede traer daños irreparables a otras personas.

Desde hace ya aproximadamente, 3 años Grupo Taca empezó a perder a sus mejores pilotos, dé una manera muy alarmante, al punto que hoy en día es incontrolable, solo el mes de Junio perdieron alrededor de 15 pilotos, y eso en que afecta a los usuarios..? seré lo mas breve en explicar el llamado efecto domino que se da en el 99% de todos los accidentes de aviación, el mismo que se dio en el AVIATECA de El Salvador a mediados de los 90.

Grupo Taca hoy en día, ya a tenido que cancelar algunos vuelos por falta de pilotos y engavetar muchos proyectos por falta de ellos, eso que nos dice, aquí empieza el domino a caer.

La mayor parte de sus tripulaciones, son gente con poca experiencia, muchos de ellos capitanes re-cien ascendidos, volando con primeros oficiales (copilotos) que lo mas grande que habían volado era una avioneta, ahora son el soporte para un capitán, que lleva en sus hombros la vida de mas de 150 personas un avión de mas de $50 millones, volando a 900km por hora, y solo con un par de segundos para tomar la decisión correcta.

Debido a la falta de pilotos, las actuales tripulaciones, están sometidas a grandes cargas de trabajo, a veces 6 días continuos fuera de casa, con cortos descansos en los hoteles. Recuerdo a un capitán que como muchos ya no es parte de Grupo Taca. Decir por las mañanas en New York después de un corto descanso “Le pido a Dios que nada pase durante el despegue, y que el piloto automático funcione bien, ya que mi cerebro todavía esta en la almohada del hotel”, creo que esto es un mayor riesgo para la seguridad de usa, que otras cosas.

Los copilotos antiguos que le quedaban a Grupo Taca tenia planeado ascenderlos a capitanes, para relevar, a todos los capitanes que ya no están, pues ya no están, solo el mes pasado Qatar Airways se llevo alrededor de 14 copilotos, por supuestos, si los que iban a ascender a capitanes.

El efecto domino sigue, están perdiendo, también a sus mejores mecánicos, en un avión que demanda mucha experiencia, ya que es una maquina altamente avanzada.

Pero falta lo peor la gerencia de operaciones aéreas, sigue propiciando esto crea un bono a los despachadores de vuelo, por ahorro de combustible, entonces por hacer sus centavitos los muchachos, los quieren mandar con el combustible mínimo de 30 minutos extras, si es un capitán sin carácter fuerte, frecuente en muchos capitanes nuevos, imagínese usted en New York en medio de una nevada en toda la costa este, desde Canadá hasta carolina del norte el espacio aéreo mas congestionado del mundo, y usted a bordo de un avión con 30 minutos extras, pero no termina allí.

Debido a la escasez de copilotos, están volando capitán con capitanea que bien dos capitanes mas , seguro no lo crea, él capitán al mando es un capitán re-cien ascendido y el copiloto un capitán antiguo, quién va a querer mandar y ordenar desde la posición de copiloto. Peligroso no, cuándo solo hay un par de segundos para tomar la decisión correcta.

Bueno la próxima vez les contare mas porque todavía hay, más y quienes son los artífices de este accidente en potencia, yo por mi parte, ya cumplí y me quito un peso de encima.

Panama Jack
7th Aug 2007, 17:25
Almost rarer than spotting the endangered and resplendent Quetzal flying over the high-altitude forrests of Central America, Grupo TACA takes out . . . now breath deeply everyone . . . a classified ad for pilots. :eek:

Perfíl: Buscando ser la aerolínea de preferencia del pasajero, TACA implementa estrategias que ponen énfasis en el servicio al cliente interno y externo, como su iniciativa "Renovando el Espíritu TACA" y el Programa TACA Héroes, que busca nominar y premiar la excelencia de sus empleados a través de hazañas excepcionales de colaboración y/o atención en el servicio a nuestros clientes

Título: PILOTOS

Descripción: Continuando con nuestro agresivo plan de crecimiento a lo largo de nuestros 75 años, te invitamos a volar operando la flota más nueva de América compuesta por nuestros modernos Airbus (Familia A320).

Requisitos: REQUISITOS: Ser piloto aviador con licencias de vuelo vigentes (Comercial, Multimotor con habilitación en Instrumentos) Poseer licencia FAA preferentemente, no indispensable Dominio completo del idioma inglés Habilidad de liderazgo Alta capacidad de análisis Alto grado de iniciativa, responsabilidad y organización Excelentes relaciones interpersonales y habilidades de comunicación Proactivo y dinámico Actitud positiva Presentar copia de la bitácora de vuelo

Ciudad: SAN JOSÉ

Fecha de publicación: 7/21/2007

Fecha de cierre: 8/21/2007

You can see the original ad here: http://www.elempleo.co.cr/clientes/detalle_oportunidad.asp?ofe=19196

I imagine that although this ad was published in Costa Rica, it applies to all of the TACA bases in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica as far as the qualification requirements go.

I spoke with one TACA pilot friend who told me that although they are hiring very low-time pilots, the conditional offer of employment comes with a fifteen-year bond (that´s right, one-fife years!!!) and a relatively low compensation package. I guess that´s one hr strategy-- treat them mean, keep them keen. :hmm:

msm
9th Aug 2007, 01:05
Thats great info from Panama Jack as Always thanks!!

Really missing the old LACSA days!!...

Pilotslave
15th Aug 2007, 04:53
It's a five year training bond.:oh: TACA is Still the best place to "learn" to fly a brand new Airbus. Only requirement (WILL FLY FOR FOOD)...:ok:
and being :confused:STUPID of course...

csp(ex-cmx)
19th Aug 2007, 15:12
Just heard that TACA got 30 EMB190/195, starting February 2008. Who is going to fly those birds??????, heard too that pilot shortage is big with the actual fleet, and that they are loosing pilots every day as their nieghbors in Panama(Copa Airlines).
Are the good winds going to blow in the region..............................

EpsilonVaz
21st Aug 2007, 07:24
Does anyone know if TACA will accept English-only speaking pilots?

Panama Jack
21st Aug 2007, 16:53
A fairly good overview article (dated October 2006) from Flug Revue here:

http://www.flug-revue.rotor.com/frheft/FRHeft06/FRH0610/FR0610a.htm

victor703
23rd Aug 2007, 21:12
i wanted to know what is it i have to do after high school to become a pilot with taca airlines?

i know Spanish and English language my parents and family are Salvadorian and i live in Virginia.

Panama Jack
24th Aug 2007, 22:24
victor,

TACA does not have a cadet pilot scheme, so that means that you would have to arrange for and finance your own pilot training by the usual method and end-up with a Commercial Multi-IFR licence. Then start applying to them, at their address in San Salvador.

It seems like TACA has been forced to drive down it's minimum qualifications, something that I (an outsider) forsee continueing. Last I heard they are hiring at 500 hours Total Time. Unfortunately, as a Salvadoran, there are no local regional airlines operating so that you can build time, however, there are plenty of opportunities in the United States, where I assume you have the legal right to work.

However, if you become employed at a regional airline in the United States you may want to consider the pros and cons of employment at TACA, considering that they supposedly now force new-hires to sign a 15-year bond. Fifteen years is a very very long time.

If you do want to work for TACA and you do travel to Central America sometime in the future on TACA, ask if you can see the flight deck crew either before or after the flight (visits during the flight are unfortunately prohibited). Mention your interest in aviation, and if your chat goes well with one of the pilots ask him he you can contact him in the future for advice as you work advance in your career. Most pilots are happy to give some advice to someone starting out.

victor703
24th Aug 2007, 22:58
thank you so much for taking your time to reply to my questions.

well i have more questions:

in order to be a pilot do i have to go to college or just pilot school to get my flying license?

and around how much money does it cost for all the training and hours i have to do at pilot school ?

Once again thank you man for replying being a pilot has always been my dreams.

if you have aim can i have your screen name or msn.

Panama Jack
24th Aug 2007, 23:27
victor,

In order to become a pilot you do not require university education. The highest educational requirement is for a High School Diploma, amongst the other qualifications required for the Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, (which you will be interested in after a few years of flying when you have at least 1500 hours Total Time).

Many pilots do have a 4-year degree, and depending on how competitive the pilot employment market is, it may or not be a necesity for some employers (TACA has never required it to my knowledge). If you do decide to get a degree, there are pros and cons associated with getting a degree in Aviation and you need to give sober thought to all of these.

As far as the costs go, I am not certain on what the cost of flight training is these days, but I estimate you are talking at least $25,000 USD for the basic licences up to a Commercial, Multi-engine, Instrument rating. Many pilots, especially in the United States then face somewhat of a dilemma on how to build the initial hours of flight experience since few companies will hire a pilot with a mere 250 hours Total Time. Some get a Flight Instructor rating, which allows them to teach, earn money, and of course build the first few hundred hours until other options become available by merit of your experience level.

A good start is to look up flying schools in your local area in the phone book's Yellow Pages (probably under aviation). Most will be happy to talk to you and give you ideas of costs, just keep in mind that all of them will be wanting to sell you a product (their training), so ask lots of questions and be cautious as you would buying any product. Many of them will give you a cost estimate based on "minimum times," of course, the final cost is based on your own progress.

If you do go for flight training, the "intense" approach works best-- fly fly fly and give it your full time attention, rather than doing a session of training on one weekend, then another three weeks later. This will end up costing you more in the long run. That is not to say that you couldn't start now getting your Private Pilot licence and then get other higher ratings in the future-- it might just be a good thing to whet your interests. The minimum age to solo an airplane is 16, the minimum for a Private Licence is 17 and the minimum age for a Commercial Licence is 18.

One thing I do recommend before you "sink" a huge investment into flight training is to go get a Federal Aviation Administration Class 1 medical exam. The medical certificate is not astronaut or fighter pilot standards, and the cost is a drop in the bucket compared to what you will be spending on flight training, and it would be good to know if you have any disqualifying medical conditions that would prevent you from getting a Commercial Licence.

There are a number of online resources available besides PPRuNe. Some Googleing helps:

www.landings.com
www.airlinepilotcentral.com
www.pilotmentornetwork.com

I am sending you a PM separate to this forum post.

victor703
25th Aug 2007, 02:19
man your cool so do you work for taca or use to because you know so much on this topic.

so i could start pilot school at the age of 16?

tell me your opinion do you think its better for me to do pilot school here in Virginia or El Salvador ?

thanks once again.

Fulkrum
5th Sep 2007, 18:15
Greetings:

Got a call from TACA a few days ago, looks like they're hiring with only 1200 hours, they told me the upgrade is 4,000 hours in type, the First Officers are flying around 85 hours a month, so we're looking at about a 4 year upgrade.

Found this TV spots, enjoy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHC8SAVy7is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhI3ca997Ko

:D

Pilotslave
6th Sep 2007, 04:39
Been with TACA for over 10 years, yes "10 years" and still waiting to upgrade....:{

Fulkrum
6th Sep 2007, 16:38
Sorry to hear you've been with the company for so long and haven't been able to upgrade, wish you all the best in your flying career.

And try not to believe everything they post here, sometimes it seems like corresponding with disgruntal widowes!!!

Cheers.

Panama Jack
6th Sep 2007, 17:38
Pilotslave, I am just wondering if seniority at TACA is by base or system-wide? I mean, are there guys with less years of service in Captain seat by virtue of that they are at a different base than you are?

Anyhow, the way they seem to be losing pilots, shouldn't be long. Sorry to hear thought that it has taken this long for you.

lcpic
1st Oct 2007, 16:22
hey guys hello to everyone :) am new to the site but have been reading lots of info on taca lots of great info here. thanks to everyone. I have some info my self i heard taca is hiring with min of 1200 hrs or less.

lcpic
4th Oct 2007, 17:59
Hey guys anybody could help me out what to expect at a taca interview may possibly get one i know they are hiring cause they are loosing lots of pilots but have not heard a thing, but in case they called want to be ready just not sure that to expect anyone with some info greatly aprecciated thanks to everyone on this site lots of valuable info. :ok:

Panama Jack
4th Oct 2007, 19:19
According to what I've been told, expect written questions from the FAA ATP Exam test bank, an interview with the "loquero," and an assessment of your English-language abilities.

lcpic
4th Oct 2007, 19:39
thanks a lot for all the info not sure what is the loquero ? thanks for your time:)

lcpic
8th Oct 2007, 12:57
hola panama jack didnt know what el loquero meant thanks

EjetSetter
17th Oct 2007, 14:22
Well seeing that the airline itself is liked, just not the pay how do I increase that. Is there unions in CA?

I am thinking about TACA once I'm done with flight training; I am almost fluent in Spanish but don't have a CA passport. So I guess my question is can I live in the USA on a TACA saliary?

Panama Jack
1st Nov 2007, 07:57
On October 22, 2007, the following article was posted on www.aviacionlatina.net:

TACA crea centro de capacitación para sus pilotos

La aerolínea TACA concretó el establecimiento de su propio Centro de Capacitación para pilotos, uno de sus proyectos más importantes en las áreas de desarrollo humano, operaciones y seguridad aérea.
Esta decisión también obedece al cumplimiento de los estándares de seguridad aérea de TACA, a su crecimiento y expansión, así como a la dinámica propia de la aviación comercial y a los avances tecnológicos de la misma.

El Centro estará ubicado en el Aeropuerto Internacional El Salvador, contiguo a las instalaciones de mantenimiento de la flota de la referida aerolínea.

La capacitación de los pilotos

Después del proceso administrativo de selección, los aspirantes a primeros oficiales (copilotos) de TACA deben haber cubierto un mínimo de 1,200 horas de vuelo, tener licencia de vuelo comercial, multimotores y de instrumentos de vuelo. Adicionalmente, deben pasar exámenes psicométricos, técnicos, de polígrafo y de drogas, entre otros.

Una vez contratados, se someten a un entrenamiento intensivo en TACA, que dura aproximadamente seis meses, el cual incluye inducción a las políticas de vuelo de TACA, entrenamiento de sistemas de la aeronave, entrenamiento en simulador de vuelo; chequeos de proeficiencia en simulador, obtención del Special Purposes de la Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) de Estados Unidos; entrenamiento inicial de vuelo y chequeo final en vuelo.

En cuanto a los capitanes, para poder ascender a esa posición, requieren de un mínimo de 3,000 horas de vuelo como experiencia mínima en el A320.

lcpic
2nd Nov 2007, 12:24
so guys does this mean good news or bad for the people who want to work for the company.:confused:

Panama Jack
2nd Nov 2007, 13:15
I guess it depends on personal agendas. What it basically says is that TACA is bringing it's training in-house (El Salvador), rather than sending crews to Miami and Toronto for training. Also, it clarifies minimums and what kind of assessment TACA does. Is that good or bad?

acebk
3rd Nov 2007, 02:50
Im a Belizean in the US currently working on my IR, will be done next month with my CPL,ME,IR. Get back home and build some hours and might consider this TACA deal once i reach 1200, which at the hourly rate pilots fly in belize, would take me roughly a year from now. The only thing holding me back is i dont speak spanish.

lcpic
13th Nov 2007, 19:48
hey mfmantica.

I am live in key west also from Nicaragua with the same disire as you i do have some other info you can private e mail me if you wish see ya

baires
14th Nov 2007, 15:52
Right now I´m in Brazil but i have Salvadoran license too 800 hrs total where i send my CV?

Wish4rs6
14th Nov 2007, 21:58
TACA's mins are 1200 hrs. Hiring is on a halt right now because of their new Sim purchase and placement in El Salvador. And as they have said before in this forum you pretty much have to know someone on the inside to get in. Wish you guys the best!

johnrico
30th Jan 2008, 07:00
so yesterday i was told that they have approved 250 hr pilots now. and that it has not come out quiet yet. what are the requierments if im Typed in the E-190 and have over 2000 hrs in the aircraft. Born in Mexico, married to a salvadorian girl. What r the chances of being a chck airman on the e-190 fleet this year?

baires
8th Feb 2008, 09:10
Hello I´m Salvadoran/Brazilian i meet the requirements for TACA so i´m wondering where i can send my CV. I have the Salvadoran license too...if someone can help me....thanks

Panama Jack
8th Feb 2008, 22:22
hai you . . . use the "search" function man. It has all been explained before!

rcl7700
19th Feb 2008, 17:35
I interviewed with a lady called Claudia Rosales in El Salvador in March 2005. Turns out they wanted me for Aeroman, and not as a pilot. They never bothered to tell me that before I flew down there (at my expense). Their spin was to get my foot in the airline through Aeroman, then go into flying. They told me I had to have a Central American Passport or have a family member with one to fly. At the time they were asking for 1200 hrs TT. She told me the process would consist of several written tests, an oral exam/interview with a Training Captain, and a sim ride. It would've been nicer to get an email with this information rather than an appointment in El Salvador to interview for an unsolicited job. I would later find out it is the latin american M.O., not only TACA, treating wanabees like garbage until they've jumped through enough hoops to get hired. I first emailed my CV to Maribel Pinto [email protected] (http://mail.lycos.com/lycos/mail/MailComposeFrame.lycos?TO=%22Maribel+Pinto%22+%3CMpinto%40ta ca.com%3E&SENDROOT=viewmail) then heard back from Claudia Rosales [email protected]. (http://mail.lycos.com/lycos/mail/MailComposeFrame.lycos?TO=%22Claudia+Rosales%22+%3CCrosales% 40taca.com%3E&SENDROOT=viewmail) Don't know if these addresses still work.

Good luck
rcl

lcpic
4th Mar 2008, 13:03
hey guys does anyone know if taca has hiring on hold i thaught they needed pilots? :confused:

Fulkrum
14th Mar 2008, 13:32
I noticed their website changed a bit and the Caravans are now "GONE"; I saw that they still have the Shorts and the ATR-42. Where do they do the training for the ATR???

Panama Jack
25th Apr 2008, 15:26
Looks like TACA has finally gotten serious about advertising employment opportunities on their website:

http://empleos.taca.com

turbovela
29th Aug 2008, 23:34
I recently contacted TACA, and they have a new program that will hire pilots from 250 - 1000 TT. You must have all your ratings and current medicals. You will have about a year of schooling before a 3 month IOE. Most of the hiring in the next few months will probably be done for the Embraer. Again this is just stuff I heard, not 100% confirmed, but if anybody is interested in a bit of mroe info PM me if possible.

A320PRO
5th Sep 2008, 09:37
if you get hired by taca wich is not hard at all , even a retarded can be hired by them cuz the interviewers are even more retarded, like the CP F.Me**** what kind of a CP is an ex bar tender that can even fly as a first officer and now is low class CP , but any way after you get hired just work for about a year and after that you can move to a real airline in the east like many of their pilot did and now they are enjoing their self
cheers..

jovito
9th Sep 2008, 03:13
im willing to confirm turbovela information, that'll be great

Sweptwing21
11th Sep 2008, 20:05
I did not notice any opening for pilots on their website, only Crew Members, which looks like flight attendants only

Sweptwing21
11th Sep 2008, 20:07
I never knew Taca had Shorts aircraft.
I was just in Costa Rica a week ago and Taca Regional was still flying the caravans out of SJO, as well as the ATR.

Sweptwing21
11th Sep 2008, 20:09
What the heck is an Aeroman ?

Panama Jack
12th Sep 2008, 03:52
What the heck is an Aeroman ?

A brand-name, twisted from "Aero Mantenimiento" (English: Air Maintenance)
Welcome to AEROMAN (http://www.aeroman.com.sv/)

JAVICREW
8th Nov 2008, 00:13
Does anyone know, how if taca has enough pilots for their E190s?

Panama Jack
9th Nov 2008, 07:26
Apparently not. They were advertising recently.

JAVICREW
10th Nov 2008, 16:20
How do you know so much about TACA?

Panama Jack
11th Nov 2008, 08:22
I saw an advertisement in late-September on the website climbto350.com

When an un-named company is looking for Type Rated Captains EMB-170/ERJ-190 TRI/TRE pilots in San Salvador, San Jose and Lima, there is only one possibility. . .

Alex_18
28th Nov 2008, 03:59
hey did any one tell you what to do , after high school to work for Taca? Because im in the same situation your in, i want to work for Taca. So i f you can give me some info about that it would be great!

johnrico
2nd Dec 2008, 07:02
so what is the latest with hiring at taca.............. mins, pay, schedules, QOL, etc.... DEC´s?

ONLY STRAIGHT ANSWERS ONLY! no smart remarks

allatp
9th Dec 2008, 17:00
Most Important of all.............

An actual HR email address, for TACA, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!

AA