PDA

View Full Version : BWIA

BWEEpilot
8th Sep 2006, 20:36
Such sad news,Bwee is to be shutdown by the end of the year and replaced with a new airline:( .I'm going to miss those green beauties.As a result,over 2000 employees will lose their jobs.I have quite a few relatives and friends who are going to be sacked.Any,the new airline Caribbean Airlines will be launched early next year,so most might get jobs again.Thought they could have done better than Caribbean Airlines though.It's too plain:ugh: .I will miss bwee,even though I got crappy service from them occasionally.Good-bye,after 66 yrs of safe flying:{

Duane

outofsynch
8th Sep 2006, 20:58
Some of us are interested, but not enlightened!

aviator
8th Sep 2006, 21:05
BWEE is the nick name for BWIA (British West Indies Airlines.

Here is their press release on their website:

Caribbean Airlines: a new airline for Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean

Port of Spain, September 08, 2006. The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, 97.188% shareholder of BWIA, has approved a substantial capital injection for the creation of a new regional airline, Caribbean Airlines based in Trinidad. Caribbean Airlines will have its base at Piarco, the international airport of Trinidad and will, subject to local and international regulatory approval commence operations early in 2007. It will provide regional air transport within the Caribbean and between the Caribbean and major international cities. BWIA will continue uninterrupted service to its valued customers whilst management ensures a seamless transition to Caribbean Airlines.

Caribbean Airlines will inherit the long, safe and respected experience of BWIA West Indies Airways, which, after 66 years of service will close. This heralds an exciting phase in air travel and aviation history in Trinidad and Tobago and the region.

PaperTiger
8th Sep 2006, 22:56
I'm going to miss those green beauties.Speak for yourself ! No doubt the new chairman's wife will slap together an equally revolting colour scheme.

jetjackel
10th Sep 2006, 02:43
Had the opportunity to work a 6 month contract there on the MD80 in 2000. Great Airline and nice place. Best of luck to everyone.

MANFlyer
12th Sep 2006, 16:19
I had a very enjoyable day trip with them from BGI up to ANU and back last week. Early morning departure on a 738 originating from POS then jumped back on same a/c when it returned from KIN.

Shame that Bwee looks like it's going, it's a nice little airline.