PDA

View Full Version : BK Airport Master Plan

Wheeler
8th Sep 2006, 07:26
Just noticed a couple of items in the propaganda that accompanied the usual monthly extortion note from BK... (I think they call it a Master Plan)

'The discounts we offer flying schools are made possible by income we generate from retail operations, such as Aldi supermarkets and the Bunnings hardware shop'.

Humm!

'We are currently developing an aeronautical charging model that consists of movement charges and parking charges, bringing our charges in line with most other airports accross Australia. We wil consult widely before this is introduced'

No more worries there then. (errr, which 'most other' airports might that be specifically? SY, ML maybe?)

Here's the best bits...

'Bankstown Airport is a great place to do business'

'The NSW Governemnt has identified the airport as a key piece of infrastructure and investment will contiue. '

Good on yer Maurice! nice to know its recognised as 'infrastucture', which sort of implies some role within and for the community... Some were thinking them airport folk just wanted to make money!

'We all want the airport to succeed.'

Phew - and to think some of us were getting worried about the place!

Ultralights
8th Sep 2006, 12:10
with the imminent closure of YHOX, and runway 18/36 at YSBK now soon to be a shopping centre, what will happens on days like the last 2 days in syd with 20 to 40 kt southerlies blowing?? i cant image all those bank runners and private aircraft diverting to YSSY!!

its tempting to put the research into a busines plan, enquire about leasing the land reserved for Badgerys creek airport, (think about it senator, i build the airport at badgerys creek, the publics sees it as a private enterprise, you dont loose votes at the next election over it, and in 10-20 yrs time, you buy me out for (insert $$ figure here) and take over control of the airport as originally planned. now just sign here senator)
develop a competing airfield to ysbk, and send the proposal to Mr Branson...for a bit of financial support, Im sure Wollongong council know of a few ways to get a runway built on the cheap!

RYAN TCAD
8th Sep 2006, 13:59
God BK airport is full of knife throwing management! Nobody would want to operate from there if they had the choice. Its a crappy place and Sydney airport would be the nicest if we had the choice.

Cant believe that BK airport is run by a bunch of used car salesman.

Dumb shmucks.
Bo!

YPJT
8th Sep 2006, 14:09
Well Ryan you should see who's running JT at the moment. A real estate salesman surprise surprise surprise and a dodgy MD from a continent we are not allowed to mention.

Thanks Fed Govt for selling out GA across the country.

Aussie
9th Sep 2006, 00:57
Love the Government!!!!!:confused:

Aussie