PDA

View Full Version : Good old BAA get it wrong again

Tony Flynn
8th Sep 2006, 07:06
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17707340%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline =anger%2dat%2dbaa%2djibes%2d-name_page.html

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
8th Sep 2006, 08:12
"Good old BAA get it wrong again":
or did the Mirror get it wrong? using its traditional standards of accurate and unbiased reporting. Without seeing the original article, who knows if it was in true bad taste or not.

Maybe its BAA's last chance for dark British humour before the jolly Spaniards take over.

Llademos
8th Sep 2006, 08:24
I'm with GBZ on this one. The BAA may be cr*p (45min to get through T1 security yesterday, only three out of ten posts open, fast track closed for no discernable reason) but it will be a sad day when we can't take a humerous look at what's going on. :ugh:
Still, it probably sold a few more copies for the Mirror, so they won't care what they and other elements of the press are doing to this country.

Coasthugger
8th Sep 2006, 14:22
Will Ferrovial be bringing in the charming old Spanish custom of the 'Air Traffic Controllers Strike' with them, or is this handled by NATS for BAA's airports?

Flapping_Madly
8th Sep 2006, 18:05
I really must read the Mirror more often and stay up to date.

I had no idea at all that The British Airports Authority had been brought back to life.

You learn something every day.

anotherthing
8th Sep 2006, 19:55
Coasthugger

NATS provide the ATC for all the airports that BAA 'run'. It is a totally separate concern.

NATS record regarding industrial action is exemplary - just as well really considering what it does - the country would come to a standstill if NATS ATCOs decid)ed to strike en masse.

Not likely to be an issue (unless of course management continue to try to screw up our pension!!

turnipgreen
9th Sep 2006, 10:50
Guys

Not used LHR for a while but have a flight next Sat from T3, medium haul. What's security like? How long do you recommend I check in before? Do i need my sleeping bag???!

Tony Flynn
9th Sep 2006, 14:50
"Good old BAA get it wrong again":
or did the Mirror get it wrong? using its traditional standards of accurate and unbiased reporting. Without seeing the original article, who knows if it was in true bad taste or not.

Maybe its BAA's last chance for dark British humour before the jolly Spaniards take over.

Maybe the Telegraph got it wrong too......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/09/njoke09.xml

PAXboy
9th Sep 2006, 19:15
turnipgreen What it will be like in T3 next Saturday depends upon:

Any govt actions about 'security' during the week
Any actions by person or persons unknown around the world during the next week
How much money BAA spends on staff for that day
How busy the flights are on the day that you are going to travel - that are departing in T3
Whether any passengers just ahead of you in the queue do anything that worries or frightens the staff.
Whether any passengers just ahead of you in the queue do anything stupid.

Allow time, have a book or newspaper. Also, keep a bottle of water that you can give up when you get to the top of the queue. That way, you can stand in the queue longer even if thirsty. The advantage of a newspaper, I find, is that it too can be jettisoned to lighten the load.