PDA

View Full Version : Jandakot Airport

mikemal
8th Sep 2006, 06:13
Hello all

I have it on good authority that there is proposal to relocate Jandakot airport further south, away from Perth International.

The proposal calls for a multi-runway, multi-facility general aviation (but IFR) airport, complete with Uni and ATC training centre.

What are your thoughts on this? Sounds good to me.

Mike

PLovett
8th Sep 2006, 06:38
mikemal

A quick search before posting would have revealed that this topic was done to death a couple of months ago. It would also have revealed the depth of opposition to any such move. :=

mikemal
8th Sep 2006, 08:01
Plovett

Yes, you are quite right. I did a search, but missed the specific thread.

Sorry.

Having taken a look at some of the proposals, it appears there may well be a lot more positives than appeared on the original thread.

Anyway, as it has been "done to death", I guess there is no need to open the debate up again.

Mike

YPJT
8th Sep 2006, 13:48
Plovett
Yes it was discussed in some detail previously however since then much has happened and this issue is certainly hotting up. Things like consulting company (Arid) acting on behalf of JAH, by deliberate act or negligence on their part, publishing misleading information wrt ownership of the facility, reasons for relocation, statistics on VCAs, aircraft movements and benefits to the local community at proposed new location. The list is endless, full of crap and treats all stakeholders like idiots.

So this subject has a lot of mileage in it yet and if you are not going to be directly affected by the outcome maybe you should not be berrating others who chose discuss it here. := A lot of peoples livelihoods are at stake.

jandakotpilot
9th Sep 2006, 13:16
Looked at the proposal, it's so full of :mad: I saw a flock of pigs fly past my window!
If they get JT they will leave us high and dry without anything at keysbrook!
Who can trust these bloody South Africans! :=
They are a seriously nasty bunch up on the hill! :ouch: :yuk: :yuk:
Every person who ever worked or flew at JT has made it what it is today.
Time to stick together! :ok:

4SPOOLED
12th Sep 2006, 12:09
Cant see it being moved while the RFDS are based there. Would be a long drive from Murrayfield to RPH or similar with a critical patient.

Move PH, it has less movements a month:)