masterairwaybill
7th Sep 2006, 09:22
Anybody Any Update On This Airline
Have Seen Little Or Nothing In Press Or Media About Them
In Last Six Months Or So
Rumour Has It They Are Getting Delivery Of Third 747 Aircraft In September

BRISTOLRE
7th Sep 2006, 12:08
MAWB, looking at your posts you show a lot of interest in Ocean Airlines!
They are operating scheduled services to/from HKG ex-VBS and lots of adhoc charter work - much of it thru India. They have the 2x B742Fs and I too heard a 3rd aircraft coming shortly ex-NCA. There seem to have been some major changes on the management side. Wolfgang (Commercial) seems to have departed the company also. Anybody know where he has gone?

newscaster
7th Sep 2006, 14:15
Also started Kyrgyz capital Bishkek as stopover for Shanghai service.

CR2
7th Sep 2006, 14:55
Bristolre: I believe Wolfie works for himself, helps the like of Ocean start up. He left us some years ago.

BRISTOLRE
7th Sep 2006, 15:29
Thks Ratty. Is Wolfie working as a "consultant" or something?
I wasnt aware that they have started PVG again. Were there not some issues last time with the previous techstop location?

newscaster
7th Sep 2006, 17:32
The previous stop Lahore is now connected to Hong Kong only, PVG is also routed via Almaty once a week http://www.oceanairlines.com/schedule/index.htm

masterairwaybill
12th Sep 2006, 08:19
I believe new PVG service will be through Bishkek (BKK) not Almaty as story is that they still cannot fly into Almaty due some problem with Airport.

Also see that they have appointed new CEO- Rossano De Luca who is board member and owner of GSA OpenSky in Italia. According to report they are planning IPO for next year and taking delivery of 4th aircraft. They have also leased in third aircraft on ACMI basis from "Sky Express"...sounds interesting !!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

newscaster
12th Sep 2006, 16:48
They also started new service to Bombay as stop over to Hong Kong from Milan MXP twice a week, the Brescia-Lahore-Hong Kong route continues on its own twice a week.

BRISTOLRE
14th Sep 2006, 13:08
Interesting, SkyExpress leased to OceanAir eh? When was the deal concluded? We were looking at using SkyExp recently.

masterairwaybill
15th Sep 2006, 10:48
Believe deal was concluded in last couple of weeks.
Not sure of start date of lease or on what routes it will be deployed.