PDA

View Full Version : EZY abolish TRSS

Nil further
6th Sep 2006, 08:23
LaLand announced this morning , F/Os with 500hrs mulit crew will no longer be TRSS , conventional bond will apply.

Lots of other changes as well .Should be on the website soon.

Guess the existing TRSS guys will be pissed off though !

NF

Homer_J
6th Sep 2006, 09:22
They sent me an email a few weeks ago offering me an interview.....at some point. I guess I'll eventully work my way to the top of there list. But if what you say about the trss being axed is true then thats great.
All I need now is another email of them.

monkeyboy
6th Sep 2006, 09:32
NF, how legit is your info?

I only ask because I got the call for the workshop yesterday and was told it was still the TRSS route. I have over 500 hrs multi crew but not the weight.

Cheers

MB :)

bracebrace!
6th Sep 2006, 09:44
I don't wish to rain on your parade, but as far as I can tell, after reading the email from PT with reference to eJ's future recruitment, TRSS still DOES exist:

o Non-rated co-Pilots (TRSS): minimum of 500 hours TT and multi crew experience. Air transport company or military background (minimum medium/heavy turboprop)

o Non-rated co-Pilots (Direct Entry): minimum of 500 hours TT and multi crew experience (Medium/Heavy Jet) or Military heavy transport/large jet.

Sorry..... :(

Norman Stanley Fletcher
6th Sep 2006, 10:17
I concur with bracebrace! and agree that the text of PT's message is that TRSS will still exist. This is not company confidential and the company clearly wish to publicise their new requirements. I have therefore reprinted the salient points below regarding the new recruitment criteria which were listed at a recent BALPA employment conference at Heathrow:

easyJet has ramped-up its ability to assess candidates threefold. Selection is now completed either in the morning, followed by a sim in the afternoon or in the afternoon followed by a sim the next morning (the sim will remain – it’s expensive but in our view a critical part of the process at the present time).

· easyJet is in the process of ramping-up its training department by circa 40% year-on-year in order to train the volumes that are now starting to come through.

· The fleet size, route structure map and passenger stats were presented – you already know how big we are but for some this still comes as a shock!

· In 2006, we will have recruited 350 pilots and promoted well over 100 SFOs to command internally.

· In 2007, we plan to recruit 450 new pilots with continued growth across the whole of the current network and of course in our new base in Madrid. Internal commands are likely to number around 150.

· Our Recruitment Challenge will be:

o To recruit the highest calibre pilots in order to meet the demands of our rapid expansion with no compromise to safety and standards

· The effective execution of this will be managed by opening the tap up to who can apply initially but maintaining our current standards on both selection and of course training. We must not allow the standard of the product we deliver to the line to reduce. Of course having resolved the pay negotiations and the rostering agreement for Winter 06 we have made ourselves much more attractive to new comers from other airlines and in the last 6 months we have had 10 former easyJet pilots apply to return to us!

· Our revised ‘Entry Criteria’:

o Non-rated co-Pilots (TRSS): minimum of 500 hours TT and multi crew experience. Air transport company or military background (minimum medium/heavy turboprop)

o Non-rated co-Pilots (Direct Entry): minimum of 500 hours TT and multi crew experience (Medium/Heavy Jet) or Military heavy transport/large jet.

o Type-rated co-Pilots: minimum of 50 hrs on type (this allows us to tap into the pilots from airlines who allow pilots to pay for their conversion and pay for their line training by the hour).

o Direct Entry Captains (Rated and Non-Rated): minimum 3,000 factorised hours TT and at least 500 factorised hours in command of a medium to heavy commercial jet (current command)

o Fast-track Commands: As above but no current command (this would include an assessment by the TRE at the end of the sim stage of conversion. If the examiner is satisfied that the pilot is ready for command assessment then the Base Captain would complete a CPI and they would join the full assessment process whilst remaining as an SFO, if not then they wait until such time as they make the grade).

That is the party line folks - so make of it what you will. What you can say with certainty is that easyJet is an incredibly successful airline and needs new pilots very quickly. There has never been a better opportunity than now and you should go for it.

All these expansion plans suppose that the market conditions remain the same. Alas, from the traditional supporters of British Business, has arisen a real and credible threat to all of our expansion plans. The incredible success of easyJet and Ryanair is, alas, under direct threat from mainstream political parties. I am horrified by recent pronouncements from the Conservative Party who are simply desparate to destroy civil aviation in the UK. Listening to David Cameron has filled me with a sense of deep alarm. His plans to tax short haul aviation are a direct attack on companies like easyJet and Ryanair in the main, but also the smaller companies like FlyBe, Jet2 etc. The simple fact is that other countries see successful airlines who create employment as a good thing, whereas the Conservatives see the destruction of the airline industry as a top priority. The very business easyJet has built up so well is a victim of its own success - it is now seen as immoral to travel anywhere for fun or just a couple of days away. I should point out that up until recently I was a lifelong Tory - true blue in every way. I will absolutely not be voting for them in the next election as they are increasingly on another planet. These plans represent the greatest threat to civil aviation since Sep 11.

Nil further
6th Sep 2006, 10:41
Apologies folks , NSF (as usual) is correct .No intention to mis-lead.
NF

Q400 Pilot
6th Sep 2006, 10:42
NSF,

Thanks for clearing that up. I would like to work for EZY, but I am not interested in TRSS and that is all I qualify for at the moment. Nevermind.

Cameron - political expediency at its worst!

randomair
6th Sep 2006, 11:10
JAR

Embraer 145-medium jet

CAA

embraer 145-light jet

So i take it that embraer rated pilots are still required to go down the TRSS route?....no thanks

randomair

Pizzaro
6th Sep 2006, 11:24
Can anyone confirm whether easy regard ERJ-145 a light or medium jet ?

Regards P.

SpringbokDreamer
6th Sep 2006, 11:34
Thought long and hard about it... and for me the whole TRSS plus 10% reduced salary b:mad: completely devalues the offer. Shame really, think I'd look good in an Orange Bus. :}

Before this is mis-read it's not the money thing it's Easys attitude to new joiners. :sad:

PGA
6th Sep 2006, 11:42
Curious too wether 1300 hours EMB 145 would qualify for DEP or TRSS

whiteangel
6th Sep 2006, 15:04
Also curious with the odd 3K PIC on the EMB 145

crew the screw
6th Sep 2006, 15:15
Before this is mis-read it's not the money thing it's Easys attitude to new joiners. :sad:

Can't agree more Dreamer... The whole watering down of the T's and C's in this industry MUST stop!!

Luke SkyToddler
7th Sep 2006, 08:58
Can't quite understand the wording of these new requirements with regard to multi crew time - does this now mean that people can apply for TRSS with 500 TT of which some (unspecified amount) must be multi crew, or does it mean they want 500 TT AND 500 multi crew?

endofeng
7th Sep 2006, 10:56
I think it is 500 Multi-Crew with at least 500TT

------------------
endofeng:ok:

BitMoreRightRudder
7th Sep 2006, 18:57
I'm 99% certain the 145 would see you going the way of the TRSS. A mate of mine went in from the F100/70 and he got DEP, but from what I could make out that was as small/light as you could get. Everyone else on my TR came from turboprops. All the best.

Norman Stanley Fletcher
11th Sep 2006, 13:00
I have it on very good authority that for the purposes of the discussion med/hvy jets will be offered DEP and light jets, turboprops plus all military (fast jet, heavy transport like VC10 & Herc, rotary) will be offered TRSS. You are deemed to be 'type-rated' if you have the following on your licence:

A319/320/321
B737-300,400,500,700,800

The Medium/Heavy Jets (ie DEP) are:

A300, A310, A330, A340, A380!
B727, B737-200, B747, B757, B767, B777
F100
MD80, MD83, DC10

The Light Jets (ie TRSS) are:

Avro RJ70, 80 100
BAe 146, BAC1-11
Emb 145, Emb 120
CRJ
Citation C500, C550, C650
F70 (some debate over this one!)

No doubt the list does not cover every aircraft but please do not bame me! Whether we like it or not these are the criteria used, but don't shoot the messenger! The bottom line is that easyJet are trying to do things as cheaply as possible and I do not blame them one bit. If you are an Embraer 145 pilot you are probably not desperately excited to be considered the same as a turboprop guy, but if you are a turboprop guy then you are probably miffed to be not considered 'as good a pilot' as a jet guy. I do not make a judgement on any of this, other than to say that this is supply and demand at work in a cut-throat market place. If enough people apply then this is how it will stay - if they do not receive sufficient 'quality' applications then no doubt the position will change. Best of luck to one and all.

Bad Robot
11th Sep 2006, 13:28
I still cannot believe that they are still holding a prejudice against Avro RJ85/100/BAE 146/BAC 111 guys.:confused:

BR.

susoal
11th Sep 2006, 15:53
I still cannot believe that they are still holding a prejudice against Avro RJ85/100/BAE 146/BAC 111 guys.:confused:

BR.
They are not any longer.........:D

Jenson Button
11th Sep 2006, 16:02
How come Virgin are happy with Bae 146/RJ and EMB145 pilots but Easy still want you to pay thru the nose for a baby bus or 73 rating huh... market forces i suppose. Maybe someone can explain why so fussy about the size of metal you fly. It seems a bit of a Jeremy Clarkson thing.

Jenson:suspect:

supergimp
11th Sep 2006, 16:04
I echo the words of epsilonmiuraisedo, I have not heard a dickey bird from easyjet, and I have 1300 hours on the 737. I sent my application nearly a month ago, what’s going on? Thought they needed pilots?

susoal
11th Sep 2006, 16:17
How come Virgin are happy with Bae 146/RJ and EMB145 pilots but Easy still want you to pay thru the nose for a baby bus or 73 rating huh... market forces i suppose. Maybe someone can explain why so fussy about the size of metal you fly. It seems a bit of a Jeremy Clarkson thing.

Jenson:suspect:

Like I said before, Now they do consider the Bae 146/Avro RJ as a medium size jet....:D that means 500 hours on it and you could go the DEP route

FunFlyin
12th Sep 2006, 15:20
Curiously how are the crewing levels at LGW at the moment for Fo's?

And are there any fo's about who have recently gone through the TRSS scheme who dont mind answering a couple of questions? :p

seagull
12th Sep 2006, 17:35
wot do u wanna know fun flying??

FunFlyin
12th Sep 2006, 17:58
The approximate take home pay (after tax without the loan repayment) each month on the TRSS starting salary. Not so worried about sector pay etc as it is variable :)

Also with the bonding arrangement, do Ezy pay back the interest on the 23k or is that left down to you?

Cheers :ok:

Dufo
13th Sep 2006, 07:23
Emb-120 being a light jet? :eek:

ICING AOA
13th Sep 2006, 08:00
Emb-120 being a light jet? :eek:

well, let's say it is a heavy "light aircraft" :rolleyes:

(Moreover EMB 120 is a turboprop, not a jet !)

Cleared ILS approach
13th Sep 2006, 13:14
Dear 1289305,

Congrats. How did you find the workshop? Could you give as much infos possible about the day? Did you attend already the new lay-out interviews?
What sort of questions do they ask during each part? Do you have any idea about the passrate?

You can also PM me.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Norman Stanley Fletcher
13th Sep 2006, 13:16
Thanks for the info about the Emb 120 - I am just quoting from the list that has fallen into my hands. I am hearing rumours that in the last few days the ground is shifting and we are now modifying the criteria. Apparently time on military fast jets and heavy transport along with experience on the BAe146 (all variants) will make candidates eligible to be considered for Direct Entry Pilot (ie standard bond decreasing over 3 years) positions. Like I said - its all supply and demand.

seagull
14th Sep 2006, 16:56
Been taking home roughly 3k a month inc trss repayment by ezy{which is 416pm} thats 90% pay as not been there 6months yet.If you can survive 6weeks without pay while doing type rating then go 4 it...
Been ave 80hours a month which is not to bad,and enjoyed every minute so far,everyone ive flown with are nice,friendly and fun and got the base i wanted within 2 months of joining!! HAPPY DAYS.
That 3k includes sector pay by the way,trss aint ideal but we go 5354 soon and lifestyle is going to be good in my humble opinion.I can only tell it as i see it buddy
good luck with whatever path you take
:ok:

Bad Robot
14th Sep 2006, 17:37
I went to update my online application today and found that it refused to recognise my EM address! I phoned recruiting who were very helpful and sympathetic. However they told me that there was NO record of my application on line at all.:confused:. Strange as I checked recent Em's to find an acknowledgment of my application and another with my Password reminder. Got any Ideas anyone?

Looks like I'll have to reapply again.

BR.

Joe_Bar
14th Sep 2006, 19:22
....If you can survive 6weeks without pay while doing type rating then go 4 it...

No pay while doing the TR is this for everyone, or just TRSS?
JB

ROSCO328
14th Sep 2006, 21:03
Are you currently a Fo or Sfo?
Cheers :ok:

FunFlyin
15th Sep 2006, 08:20
Joe,

I'm guessing that will be only for the TRSS guys. DEP pilots will sign the contract before they start the type rating. The trss is an agreement with CTC initially.

Seagull - Do they cover the interest on the 23k as well? and is that 3k a month before or after tax? :p

seagull
15th Sep 2006, 17:38
guys, rosco,im an SFO,so you can judge pay on that.fun flying,ezy pay you back 25 grand against 23 so make sure you get a good interest rate.costing me an extra3grand over 5 years.it never rains....:ugh: :{
Still new machines and nice people!!!:) :)

Kak Klaxon
19th Sep 2006, 08:53
Ok so I went to the job site and it seems to say that I need to pay 23k for a job so I gave up,my friend thinks this is wrong and if you have hours in your log book then its free, can anyone tell me?.

I have 10000 hours,but most on a 145.

TRon
19th Sep 2006, 09:46
Got a friend going for interview from the EMB-145, it is TRSS. This may change in the next few weeks as they reaise how many guys from BA Connect are looking at the bright orange future.....?!

BAE-146/RJ is considered heavy jet, so DEP..146/RJ discrepency came from CTC when they had 'problems' from some KLMuk Boys failing their sims but it all seemed a fit up.

Salary TRSS GBP2700-3000 after TAX and TRSS. Go to Berlin/Dortmund/Orly get the tax back.

flight scchool
19th Sep 2006, 10:06
does anyone know how hard or easy it is to get a madrid base with easy. tks

Kak Klaxon
19th Sep 2006, 10:17
Thanks Tron,I will let my my mate know what he is getting into.I will await a change in policy before applying.

bleeds off
19th Sep 2006, 11:00
About the application form, in the education section, they require all the results the applicant may have had all along his / her curriculum... Do they actually verify all of them to the details with the education providers ???

bleeds

Gary Lager
19th Sep 2006, 12:03
Erm...why do you ask?

;)

bleeds off
19th Sep 2006, 19:27
'cos the retrieval of mine with my university happens to be quite impossible considering the reluctancy they show for it. All the more since it's a french university, they demand an official french written request with which they say they would not automatically comply since these sort of informations are confidential...

So any feed back on this verification stuff from some of you out there would be much appreciated:ok:

thx
bleeds