PDA

View Full Version : Duxford - Spitfire 70th Airshow

REF
5th Sep 2006, 20:30
Apart from the very blustery conditions forcing some aircraft to cancel, BBMF spitfires among these, it was a very enjoyable day.

All my photos are here (http://www.richardflagg.fotopic.net/c1074995.html)

Rick

Chris Royle
5th Sep 2006, 20:42
Thanks Ref! That makes me feel a whole lot better:ugh:
Had a fly in slot booked for 1051, but weather was crap and wind 17G25 up to 30 made the prospect a bit too daunting. So went to wellesbourne instead when the weather cleared at around midday. A sporting ride!
But glad to see some got aloft. Brave guys if the wind was the same there as we experienced.
:ok:

GWYN
6th Sep 2006, 20:36
Sorry you didn't make it Chris. From someone who did: just think of the dosh you saved! £76 for two of us to get in (£28 apiece entry + £20 landing fee), is I think, exceeding what is reasonable. Noone begrudges a fair donation to such deserving causes but there is a point beyond which it starts to appear to be profiteering. I shall certainly think twice about going again.

Still a great day though, and the wind did ease off late in the afternoon!

Fantastic photos, REF.

Conan the Librarian
6th Sep 2006, 23:59
Some goodies as ever in there Rick.

Conan

Chris Royle
7th Sep 2006, 20:43
Makes the bacon butty (and chips) at Wellesbourne a bargain.
But seriously, these prices are beginning to look a bit steep. Having said that, running a Spitfire is not a cheap pastime.......
AND,
we are very lucky in the UK with such a wealth of warbirds to see.

stator vane
9th Sep 2006, 17:24
did they fly sunday?

disappointing that saturday was only day i could go due to work and they didn't fly.

if they did fly on sunday, will it be on DVD soon?

cheers;

then after posting this first time, i looked at photos mentioned above and they must have!

thanks REF for a view of the photos. which camera did you use please?

REF
12th Sep 2006, 20:56
Thanks for the comments everyone.

stator,

Camera used is an Olympus C-700 Ultra Zoom, 2.1 Megapixel camera. Very basic but I'll have new equipment for next season.