PDA

View Full Version : Smelly Luggage

masalaairlines
5th Sep 2006, 15:25
Embarrassing one: The Mrs. flew MAD to LPL last week. Her baggage did not arrive, and today is one week later so I am trying to shift the process on.

We hear the case will not be home delivered because it smells (and is "making the whole airport smell") Some edible souvenir has apparently gone off in there... not surprising after such a delay. Apparently, H&S rules say the case is too 'dangerous' for both the driver to transport or for somebody to open it and removing the offensive items.

Instead we will have to pick it up in person. Does anyone know her rights on this, given I have checked the EZ T's and C's and it does say perishables not allowed in check in baggage. I have already spent close to 3 hours in various phone calls including several to EZ CS Luton (normally charged at 10p/min :mad: ) but "buckpassing" of a new order between EasyJet and Servisair and Courier company seems to be the only answer.

Just to be clear I don't want to bash anybody in this forum... just want to know who is ultimately reponsible? Handling agent at Departure, Handling agent at Arrival, Courier, Carrier or the pax themselves?

Anyhow, we can't live without the other stuff much longer so have now resigned to a lengthy roadtrip from Leeds (or further) to LPL and face embarrasment :\ as to being the owner of "that one over there". Is this on?

patdavies
5th Sep 2006, 20:30
If you leave it a bit longer it may run home on its own

masalaairlines
6th Sep 2006, 08:09
If you leave it a bit longer it may run home on its own
LOL... Picked it up yesterday, and wasn't even too bad. The case had been left standing at Barajas in 35 degree heat for 4 days. 'Smell' was from some vaccum packed cold cuts in the baggage. The vaccum bags had inflated a bit but plastic not ruptured. Needless to say we had plenty of advice from the "Abuela" (Spanish grandmother) not to eat them! :}