PDA

View Full Version : Flight Plans

The Original Jetpipe
5th Sep 2006, 07:50
Hi All,

Just trying to find a "idots" guide to filling in a flight plan.? What you should put in the boxes etc.

Would look it up but currently away from any textbooks/training manuals

Thanks in advance.

The Original Jetpipe.

Spelunker
5th Sep 2006, 08:11
If you have a PPL you should know that by now. If you don't have a PPL you shouldn't worry about that now.

Besides, the boxes clearly state what need to be put into them i.e "Aircraft Identification" - you would put VH-XXX
"DEP Aerodrome" - you would put your departure aerodrome.

It's pretty straight forward.

Capt Claret
5th Sep 2006, 08:22
http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/aip/aip48_060831.pdf

Search "Flight Planning"

jetstar1
5th Sep 2006, 12:33
AIP ENR 1.10 Appendix 2 is your friend. If you have a copy of the Visual Flight Guide, it is also printed in there. Not exactly an idiots guide, but very comprehensive :ok:

Eight Ball
5th Sep 2006, 12:41
Hi All,

Just trying to find a "idots" guide to filling in a flight plan.? What you should put in the boxes etc.

Would look it up but currently away from any textbooks/training manuals

Thanks in advance.

The Original Jetpipe.

T.O. Jetpipe,

I have a copy of that "idiot's guide" you are looking for issued by CASA a couple of years ago when they changed from the old flight plan to our current flight plan format. If you are in Sydney, PM me and meet me in Bankstown otherwise, pm me your mailing address and I'll photocopy it for you.

Happy flying

Eight Ball ( on the corner pocket )

FlugWeasel
6th Sep 2006, 03:19
I am assuming that you have internet access as you can post here ...

Have a look at NAIPS.
http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/brief/iecs.asp

In the help section there is an explanation of all the fields under the section on Domestic Notification.

There is a set of "How to Examples" you can install that will explain the required fields etc.

That might make it a bit easier to understand the specifics in the AIP.

Alternatively have a look at one of the flight planning software packages that does it all for you!