PDA

View Full Version : Onur Air

Bad Robot
4th Sep 2006, 17:09
Anyone with any information on Onur Air in Turkey?

All the usual T&C questions apply,
A search has revealed nothing so far on this site.

BR.

Bad Robot
5th Sep 2006, 20:46
K1PILOT, many thanks for the information.
Your English is just fine, my Turkish Non existant.
So far they have told me 2000 Euros a month for first 6 months then up to 3300 a month. They did not say anything about sector pay so that is a bonus. They said Loss of License was NOT available but Medical Cover was.
They would pay for 4* Hotel Accomodation plus Breakfast or 750 Euro a month for the duration of the contract.

What is the best base for:
Most Flying,
Most varied Flying,
Life Style,
How many sectors a day do you do on average 2 or 4 or more?
Best fleet to go on?

teşekkür

BR.:ok:

Bad Robot
6th Sep 2006, 09:31
K1PILOT,

I forgot to ask, what are the rosters like, days off per month?

Thanks.

BR.

MaxBlow
7th Sep 2006, 06:43
K1,

if things where so good than why did you leave?:rolleyes:

I´ve been there in 04 for 8 month and can´t share your opinion.
Their mx sucked and the tolerance level of your fellow Turkish
collegues where extremly high. On a fairly high number of occasions
I have refused to take an aircraft and have just been swapped onto another flight. The sick airplane was than flown by a Turkish captain without being properly fixed (only on paper). Crews will not use the FTL to log malfunctions but inform mx to fix it if there´s enough time. I remember the mx mngr in AYT being a complete ignorant and dangerous old man.:ugh:
The ban in 05 was overdue and I hope things have changed eversince.

Sector pay was for domestic flying only (MD fleet). You´ll be paid at the end of the month in Turkish Lira at the exchange rate of the 15th each month.

Loss of licence is provided for permanent crews only, not for contractors.

The roster during peak summer season is issued weekly and will change daily.

For the Hadj season they´ll pay you 30$ pdm:{ not more.

I still have a few nice things to remember. They´ll picked me up last before every flight and droped me off first after the flight.

Their cabin crew...priceless !:D

The best Turkish charter airline (eventhough smaller) is by far Freebird Airlines.:ok:

Diabolo
8th Sep 2006, 09:13
Dear K1,

Sorry but it's seems to me that you are not living in this planet. Looking down from your cloud to Onur Air may look like what you describe but I can insure you that all the info's you gave to use is very faraway from the reality.
They did change the paint scheme (looks very well) on their A/C but the contains remains the same and unchanged at all.

Bad Robot
10th Sep 2006, 13:10
What has happened to K1 's posts?:confused:

BR.

MaxBlow
10th Sep 2006, 14:35
A. He read it again on a clear day and noticed that it was full of rubbish

or

B. He got a call from his old company chief pilot who kindly asked him to immediately stay out of this sort of discussion. Because they don't like any sort of problems being discussed at public :oh:

Can't be to many that married a lady from the UK...;)

They know you!

My guess: A little bit of both

K1PILOT
11th Sep 2006, 19:10
:= None, What I have seen here, I am sorry but colleagues not very respecting each other sometimes.You can not agree on everything but you could be more respecting, I think.Neither A or B is true.I really don't care what they think or say but during my employment time, Onurair was really good.The reason I have left again, due to company downsizing and I have already been waiting for command position which thereafter became impossible.Many pilots then left in 1999 to the companies abroad (Gulf Air/Qatar/TunisAir) Sometimes I have been speaking to the colleagues on 131.80Mhz.(You can check if you don't believe this info as well) and their company special is 131.87 as well.
Of course I do accept that I could have been given a better (real time) info for some colleauges to be happy but do you really think the info given here is real-time data definitely?
I have seen the forum about Freebird, which was my last company before I came to UK and needed to share my experiences with the others, and I wonder if person saying that Freebird was the best charter, has been there ever???
How do you know the real terms and conditions my friend? May be they have gone better or even worse since I have left? Who knows?
I was just trying to give some info but I do apologize for giving those with the best of my knowledge and what I have been hearing, like many of us here and I decided not to bother anyone again.
That's why I have retracted the forums and I can give my phone number so whoever needs any info, I can frankly talk and I would gladly try my best to share any of my knowledge with.Can anyone dare to give phone number here????
May be I was too open and obviously this not the way some people likes.
Why should we all chat here with different nicknames, I wonder.
Cheers and good bye

RMP2
12th Sep 2006, 02:44
Hi K1PILOT, I sent you a Private Message. Thanks;)

Bad Robot
12th Sep 2006, 09:23
K1PILOT, I have also sent you a PM.:ok:

BR.

Bad Robot
14th Nov 2006, 11:51
Anyone know what the sector pay is?
Or is it just a per diem?

I believe you get 50 euros a day extra for Hadj flights ?

BR.