PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Manuals?

mrl979
4th Sep 2006, 16:42
I have been searching the internet with no luck for some used atpl manuals. Anyone have any idea where they could be found. I don't need all 15 manuals as some places advertise..

thanks

potkettleblack
4th Sep 2006, 19:09
All the UK groundschool training providers will sell you their sets. Some will do only the parts you need although others have multiple subjects in their binders so it is a bit harder chopping them up so to speak so you might end up with more than you need. Bristol, CATS. GTS, Cabair & Oxford are a few providers to search on google. I think you can also buy the Oxford manuals via any of the online pilot shops in the UK eg: flightstore, transair etc. You might get lucky and get a 2nd hand set on ebay although these only come up every now and then. Check out the wannabee section of pprune for more information.

I am guessing you are exempt the ground school portion so just need the manuals and to sit the exams at the CAA in the UK? Again more information in the wannabee section about what is involved. You might find the Bristol online question bank useful as a guide to get you through the questions you will get in the exams.

Also there are 14 subjects so 14 manuals - usually.