PDA

View Full Version : Bay Flight International

ju7ez
3rd Sep 2006, 23:35
I am a new PPL and am hoping to get my CPL in a year or so and was trying to self study my commercial subjects, but am not making much progress. I email a few ground courses around and found the next one starting is Bay flight international, has anyone heard any good things about their course, or should I just wait till next year and go to Nelson.
Or are their others that are good that haven't replied to me.
Thanks

Hanz Blix
5th Sep 2006, 03:21
aka hookers place is good. You sound like you need a ground course so go to the next one you can and get the subjects done.

In the good old days hooks wouldn't let the intructors teach directly from the book so they had to know what they were talking about, I'm sure that hasn't changed.

good luck

ps. with the 10th birthday in oct it would be good timing to head up that way, hooks is well known for great Pi@s ups:}

divinesoul
9th Mar 2007, 04:31
Hi

Anybody have the latest low down on bay flight International,tauranga.

me looking to join there.

cheers.

sir.pratt
9th Mar 2007, 05:26
tauranga/mt maunganui is a nice place to live/train. bayflight's fleet is (pretty much) all 152's. run pretty slick and professional - they don't stray too far from home and seem to behave themselves in the various MBZ's and uncontrolled aerodromes around the bay/waikato.

divinesoul
9th Mar 2007, 05:39
thanks sir.pratt for the reply.

Anybody got anything else to add.

cheers.

Jnr380
9th Mar 2007, 05:52
Ju7ez,

I did self-study CPL and passed, what i recommend is try the bob tait books and work through the examples and exercises and does give you such an in-depth analysis of the topic that when you sit the exam it will be easier. Steer clear of the Aviation theory Centre books. But if you dont have the head for it then yes do a course.

My $10 worth...........

jnr380

haughtney1
9th Mar 2007, 07:56
I just about got into a punch up having a few bears with Hooks over the old pitch vs power debate on approach a few years back......;)
All in all you could far worse:ok:

mach2.5
10th Mar 2007, 02:10
hey mate, nothing personal against any one in bay flight, but i have heard a few bad things about them though, but all second hand...

ask people in the airlines and ask people who works there and see what they say...

27/09
10th Mar 2007, 08:45
Jnr 380

Don't think many have heard of the Tait books over here, don't know if they are even available here.

I think the ATC books we have over here are a very different product to the ones in Australia and are very good product. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Ju7ez

Sounds like you're not in a big hurry as you say next year sometime for your commercial, why not do it locally, and save yourself the trouble and expense of going out of town.

I'm sure the guys at the New Plymouth aero club will be running a course between now and then. They do a good job from what I hear.

ron_burgendy
10th Mar 2007, 16:41
Hey ,
yeah bayflight is good as gold, i trained there, did my cpl and multi ifr, they have a good training programme, and some good instructors, the place is huge now with so many students, but hooks is a great guy and mt maunganui is a nice place to live:ok:

Luke SkyToddler
11th Mar 2007, 07:59
Can't beat it ... the place is massive compared to when I was there but it's still got the right attitude, mainly because Phill is so relatively free of ego and B/S and who's actually been there and done that.

That plus the fact that Mt Maunganui is the coolest town in NZ to live & train in. Fly all day, surf / shag / party / lay on the beach all weekend - can't do THAT in Papakura! I recommend it to anyone :ok:

AllInstructedOut
12th Mar 2007, 03:31
Hey mach 0.25

Check your facts before spreading **** about Bay Flight, don’t just listen to what your prick of a boss has to say about Hooker P he is a great guy and helped me out so much over the last two years and I wouldn’t be flying jets now if it wasn’t for him.

If you keep that up applying for jobs in Hong Kong you might find it a little hard
:= := :=

NZFlyingKiwi
12th Mar 2007, 04:41
A friend of mine spent a while there and he reckons they're pretty good.

mach2.5
12th Mar 2007, 23:43
hey, to the angry instrument guy....

i did not say anything bad and i dont know anything bad about bay flight personally, its just i have hear stories and of course there are always two people telling the story, no matter where you go...

we just dont want people to make mistakes, but as we can see, you are doing very well and flying a jet, and i oppoligise if i have offended you...

divinesoul
13th Mar 2007, 21:55
Thank you to all those who replied to my query.

Cheers.