PDA

View Full Version : NIKI. T & C's?

Single Flasher
3rd Sep 2006, 16:47
Can anyone out there give me a basic idea of the following. For an Austrian Base

1. Flight Hours per year?
2. Nights away from home?
3. Take home pay for Austrian Based Captain?
4. Roster?
5. General working climate/moral

Any info would really be appreciated. Thanks

SF

level350
4th Sep 2006, 07:10
Hi,
to answer your questions:
1. up to the maximum 900 h, summer > 100 h winter +- 60 h
2. almost every night at home
3. depends on your personal situation. Have a look at ppjn.com. Net is about 60 % of gross income in austria
4. unstable 2 weeks roster made by Air Berlin
5. many hours, low salary, some colleagues are great, some are terrible, esp. head of training.
If you want or need to go to Austria, why not Austrian Airlines? Very good salary, much better conditions.

cheers
level 350

wilcoluca
4th Sep 2006, 08:46
Are they looking for pilots?

What are the requirements?

Where to send the CV?

Many thanks.

CharlieBrown320
4th Sep 2006, 10:13
Single Flasher,

Level 350 is almost right, except:

Roster is 4 weeks, for the whole month. Given on the 25th of preceeding month. Pretty much stable.

Working climate is very good among the crews. HoT has left company last december (I guess thatīs the one Level 350 was reeferring to).

wilcoluca,

your questions can be answered on www.flyniki.com (http://www.flyniki.com)

Single Flasher
4th Sep 2006, 15:20
Thanks CB320 and Level 350. Answers that I was hoping for.
Can you give me an idea of the take home for a Captain? This is the sticking point. I have checked ppjn to no avail.
Also, Level 350, do you know if Austrian are taking DE Captains? Is all recruitment for the group (ie Lauda etc) through AUA?

Wilcoluca, check out http://www.flyniki.co.uk/home.php >NIKI>jobs

Thanks Guys

SF

Welle
4th Sep 2006, 18:13
hello SF

no DECīs at AUA, time to upgr. +/- 15yrs

LAUDA is just a brand name now, one crew for all OS and NG flights (LAUDA and AUA), crewing by aua via german DLR test and company interview.

no idea on HG capt. salary, but you are not employed by HG but via personal leasing company, fix pay only for 30hrs/month, rest acc. bhrs.

rgds
welle

Single Flasher
5th Sep 2006, 10:55
Hi Welle

Do you know the name of the personnel leasing company for HG? (I assume HG is Niki?)

Thanks

SF

Liftdumper
5th Sep 2006, 11:44
Don't know the name.

Very curious is that one of Niki's captains owns this leasing firm together with a high placed person from the Austrian CAA (ACG). This person is in a position to issue licenses and take exams. Extremely curious, typical Austrian.

autobrake MAX
11th Sep 2006, 09:54
The name of the firm is not interesting since it is a very little Ltd. who only do business with Lauda. Liftdumper is right that this method is very curious and he is spot on with his conclusion.

Your contract will only state what you are not entiteld to and what their rights are. If they want to they can sack you without a reason. Officially the leasing company will end your contract with NIKI and place you with another firm. But it doesn't state anywhere that that job has to be on an Airbus. As a new job they will find you a job on a Beech 1900 in Africa. These are the dirty games they will play.

The HoT was a very competent man who the firm has a lot to thank to. He resigned due to the way of Mr. Lauda running the airline and his attitude to his staff. This guy was a very experienced person with a big history and many hours but with NIKI he earned the same as an easy F/O!

The atmospehere between cockpit and cabin collegues is great and since the company is not that big everybody knows eachother well. And I must say that the level of flying, procedures and professionalism is very high. You fly a variaty of routes (city shuttle and charter) in brand new aircraft and the company will expand to 10 A319/320 aircraft the next comming years. Rumours are that Lauda whats to introduce long haul.

The big disadvantage is the salary and how you are being threated by Mister Lauda and crewplanning from Air Berlin. If Mister Lauda can save money on you, he will! I believe captains take home net approx. € 4000 per month. Remember there is only one payscale and there hasn't been any payrise since the birth of HG in 2003!

They tell you that you can request 3 days off per month, but your last flight before your off ends very late and close to 0:00 and the first flight after your off will be a very early one (e.g. 03:30 Z). If you are a foreigner (like 80% of the cockpitcrew with HG) your days off in your homecountry are very limited! The schedule is a disaster with often minimum rest and AB crewplanning doesn't care a bit. The only good thing is that you will be treated better than the cabin! Remember also that that you are only payed blockhours and not dutyhours. They can give you as much proceedings and standby's as they want and thrust me they will!

If you have a respectable amount of hours on the A320 I would stay miles away from this firm unless you have no choice. If you are a student fresh from school I would join and learn a lot in a short time and be happy that you got a job straight onto the bus. But once you have reached the 1000 hours and are completly sick of their way of handeling their employees, leave!