View Full Version : Haj 2006

Earl
3rd Sep 2006, 08:34
Any one know if aircraft over 20 years old will be allowed to operate haj flights?
Strong romour going around about this.

Charlie_Fox
3rd Sep 2006, 09:35
Air Atlanta B747s leased by Saudia are all over 20 years old, I think.
They'll operate Hajj flights.

ironbutt57
4th Sep 2006, 01:28
At least one of the biggest Hajj carriers is history.....Tower Air....may they rest in peace....es....

MaxBlow
5th Sep 2006, 08:23
Various A300B4s from different Turkish operators are even older than 25yrs...
donno if they´re replacing them this season.

Eventhough old does not necessarly mean bad. :\

LITHIUM478
5th Sep 2006, 13:46
Hi Earl, in case you need assistance in securing landing permission with the Presidency of Civil Aviation in Saudi Arabia for your aircraft please let me know.

Meantime, may I ask what aircraft type are you referring to?

Earl
5th Sep 2006, 17:14
Not my aircraft.
L-1011 Tristars.
Seems some investors were asking these questions on doing the A/D on
Thaiskys Tristars 522B engines and using them on haj flights.
They did not want to invest the money then be denied because the aircraft were over 20 years old.

mutt
6th Sep 2006, 04:13
Earl,

Appears that there is a desire but not a rule.....

Suggest you contact Berengi for a definite answer.

Mutt

LITHIUM478
6th Sep 2006, 14:18
I am involved in Hajj operations for the past two years and based on my experience:

There are certain aircrafts (and persons) that are black-listed from the PCA, but there are entities who can 'clear' the black-list from PCA.

There is always a shortage of aircraft during Hajj.

Hajj operators usually would ask for an Airbus or Boeing. However, as far as our Hajj 2005 operations, we were able to secure landing permisions from PCA with L1011, DC10, and even IL86, which are more than 20 years old.

Meantime, please note to make sure that you can also secure landing permission on the country where your passengers will originate.