PDA

View Full Version : Impacted Wisdom Teeth

empacher48
3rd Sep 2006, 00:43
Hi Guys;

Juat about to have two impacted wisdom teeth removed, just wondering about how long it takes for people to a) stop feeling sore and b) return to work, I've had three different responses to (b)!

Thanks

BelfastChild
3rd Sep 2006, 01:24
I had two removed by a max-fax surgeon under GA. They put lots of local anaesthetic in at the end so you don't feel anything for about 24 hours. Pain isn't bad anyway and settles in a few days. I was back to work within 3 days.

Oh that's super!
3rd Sep 2006, 07:29
I think it all depends on how badly they were impacted, how easily they could be removed, and how you respond to it. Mine were very badly impacted and it was a difficult job removing them (4 of them) apprently, but I wasn't bothered by it. I could have returned to work that night if I wanted to.

On the other hand, I know pepople who suffered a lot for about 3 weeks...

rhovsquared
3rd Sep 2006, 09:06
There was a time when I wanted to get both of mines:} removed, but then the terrible pain just went away. Then they just stopped growing I guess that was a hint:} :} :}

yes I know I wrote mines :ouch: :}

empacher48
3rd Sep 2006, 09:36
Thanks guys, I'll be having mine taken out under GA, when the surgeon licked his lips whilst looking at the X-ray, I thinked to myself its going to be a fun job for him. :eek:

They aren't painful now, but some rule along the lines of, if they're yanked now, before they become a problem, surgical insurance pays.. When they are a problem and need to be yanked, the government might get round to pulling them out anytime between now and the year 2956, unless I foot the bill.

So, out they come before they get painful, no waiting, no paying!

Jimmy The Big Greek
3rd Sep 2006, 10:03
about 48 hours and you will be ok.

Avoid food and water in the area. No smoking or nicotine products. No alcohol. No aspirin.
Be very carefull when you brush your teeth

got banned
4th Sep 2006, 00:56
have a look at the N.I.C.E website in the UK and question your practitioner as to the need for the procedure:}

But never upset the dentist:)

Loose rivets
4th Sep 2006, 04:53
I'm certain that I have never had mine removed, yet my dentist is adamant that I have. Any ideas why this could happen?

Standard Noise
4th Sep 2006, 10:00
Eh, have you put the wife's teeth in by mistake?:=

beamer
4th Sep 2006, 14:09
Been there - never have a better excuse for a week off work !!!!!!!!!