PDA

View Full Version : US crew visas

787Heaven
2nd Sep 2006, 13:18
I applied for a US visa in april when i started back with the airline i work for. I had to wait till july for a visa appointment and was then told to wait four weeks for "additional Processing" and that i would have to send my passport in when this was complete. I have waited 8 weeks now and had no reply i was even told to email them because my company couldnt understand why they werent giving me one. i got no reply to that either.

I am at the end of my teather ive lost nearly £2000 in wages because of this and they are allowed to get away with it.

Is it because of my ethnictity? I am a british citizen of Asian origin i have a muslim name?

Has anyone else had similar experiences with them?

wan2fly
2nd Sep 2006, 13:28
Hello...

Im not sure why you are been held up - I went with 15 of my colleagues in April and we all had appointments at 8am by 11am we were all finished and had visas returned within 3 days - Im not British Asian but one of my colleagues is and she received hers with the rest of us.

im sorry I cant be of more help cant your airline make some "noise" on your behalf??

787Heaven
2nd Sep 2006, 13:33
All i keep being told by my company is that i have to make contact with them which i have done, all i got was an automated response saying you will only be contacted if you have been told to email us otherwise your email will be disregarded which i think has.

My company are useless they wont do anything apart from tell me the same thing over and over again

OzzieO
2nd Sep 2006, 15:56
I am in a similar situation. Long story but there could be a number of factors. Maybe you share the name with someone on the no fly list. Don't worry sure it will get sorted.

Doubt very much the airline will be prepared to make some "noise" on your behalf. The US authorites wouldn't take to kindly to that.

skyboy1919
3rd Sep 2006, 00:24
I think you are going to have to just wait this out I am afraid. I am sure the airline you work for would rather you being able to fly the entire programme and are currently already extra work. I would just not suggest "having a moan" I am sure someone somewhere is working on it on your behalf. I know how fustrating the process is, especially if you are missing out on the better half of the routes and also the salary. I had a similar experience some years ago and spent almost the whole summer flying short haul awaiting my U.S visa, if you ever have regular dealings with them you will learn it is there way or no way, I once watched a guy get dragged out of the U.S Embassy in London screaming! Seriously! Trust me it will come!

:O

787Heaven
4th Sep 2006, 15:09
Well for a nation hell bent on democracy and freedom its hypocritical of them to keep me waiting. But like you said its their way or no way what can a little prawn like me do.

Its unjust that we are made to feel like criminals for doing absolutely nothing.

TFlyguy
4th Sep 2006, 16:16
Not to mention the fact that their aircrew dont need a visa to come here!

787Heaven
12th Sep 2006, 14:09
Not to mention the fact that their aircrew dont need a visa to come here!

Well that just says it all

787Heaven
23rd Sep 2006, 17:09
I got on to my company a few days ago regarding the state of my application for my US crew visa.

They told me to phone the Visa service and i was told that the reason that my application is being delayed so much (nearly three months now) is because my parents were born in Pakistan, i couldnt believe what i was hearing, talk about a sweeping generalisation, i was born and raised here in the UK and my parents have been here for 32 years and have only gone back for 20 weeks out of that whole time. The last time i went there was in 1995.

If this isnt racism i dont know what is

OzzieO
23rd Sep 2006, 17:19
Have you only just figured that out?

787Heaven
23rd Sep 2006, 17:23
Have you only just figured that out?

What i thout it could have been was my name, but why in the hell would they delay it on the grounds of where my parents were born? You cannot help where you are born and it shouldnt automatically make you a potential terrorist in their eyes

OzzieO
23rd Sep 2006, 17:36
Oh don't get me started on this one. And take some advice and don't get wound up over it all. Its Homeland Security that are being anal.

787Heaven
23rd Sep 2006, 18:04
Oh don't get me started on this one. And take some advice and don't get wound up over it all. Its Homeland Security that are being anal.

Im trying so hard not to get wound up but sometimes i cant help it i have lost so much money and have had a very hard few months, all because of my ethnicity and their views

OzzieO
23rd Sep 2006, 19:19
Its a system that you cannot beat unfortuantly.

The sad thing is we are all being tarred with the same brush.

I'm a Muslim so therefore based on that fact I must some how be a threat to American interests.

Its all rubbish and we only have fanatical muslims to thank.

787Heaven
23rd Sep 2006, 19:58
yeh you are rite, thing is it doesnt say much about the mentality of the people at homeland security. actions like this only lead to attacks "through the back door" what will they do then treat everyone like this?

Ahh im gonna say nomore ive got better things to do:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: