PDA

View Full Version : SAS: how many pilots, and where are they from?

Silje
2nd Sep 2006, 11:15
hello everyone,

i hope you all are doing fine...! anyways, the question that i have is basically in the title: i am wondering how many pilots there are at SAS, and how many of them are from sweden, norway and denmark...!?

i have really tried to find it out without help, but a lot of sites that could help me are in some scandinavian language....which i cannot understand :(

anyone got an idea please? maybe some SAS pilots in here?

thanks! silje

Silje
3rd Sep 2006, 17:28
noone?? :uhoh:

:{

PropsAreForBoats
3rd Sep 2006, 21:49
SAS employs about 2100 pilots for the moment. I don't know how many from each country, but I think there are about 6-700 pilots on the OSL base.

Timilu
3rd Sep 2006, 22:24
As PAFB says, around 600 in Norway, about the same in Denmark, and a little more in Sweden!

Silje
4th Sep 2006, 07:42
:eek:

hi, thanks a lot for your replies!

i really didn't think there were so many pilots there, dear me!!! i heard that they had about 140 planes, and thought okay, maybe they have ca. 600 pilots or so... oops!! :O

i have no clue of aviation whatsoever, sorry. due to this fact, am i allowed to pose another stupid question? okay, it's not only stupid, it's unbelievably ridiculous. here it comes: all these pilots, they can fly around anywhere in scandinavia (and germany for example), can't they? in other words: a pilot from sweden can start working in stockholm, then fly to oslo, then to copenhagen, then to helsinki and back to stockholm, or am i wrong? :confused: maybe thats unrealistic, sorry, i really have no clue of aviation.

Short Approach?
4th Sep 2006, 15:34
bye bye Silje.

Silje
4th Sep 2006, 19:59
bye bye Silje.

erm...why?

Timilu
5th Sep 2006, 22:00
Silje,

Yes, the pilots fly allover. You show up for work at your base (lets say Copenhagen), and you ll do for example Copenhagen-Stockholm and back, Copenhagen-Frankfurt and back, and then to Amsterdam for a stopover) That s a normal day for ya.
Dont worry, I don t know who pissed in Short Approachs cerials this morning.

Rgds Timilu

Hotel Charlie
6th Sep 2006, 22:15
Maybe this is were TIMILU tells Silje in a PM what PPRuNe is short for? :D

Timilu
7th Sep 2006, 00:25
Could be HC, but no:) If you want to go ahead and try and "weed out" all non pro pilots on this site, then be my guest:8 , I d prefer to just answer a young persons/wannabe s question, the same way some kind oldies answered mine many years ago. If someone thinks the question is too stupid to be here..dont bother to read/answer it then. And leave the rest to the mods!
And no, I won t answer 10 of those every day:)
Hows life by the way?

Rgds Timilu

Hotel Charlie
7th Sep 2006, 10:47
Hi again!
Timilu, it was just a comment to why I think S A said what he said! :)
To your Q. Work too much for to little pay, but what´s new? :ugh: How about yourself?

Silje
8th Sep 2006, 20:34
[QUOTE=Hotel Charlie;2830812]Hi again!
Timilu, it was just a comment to why I think S A said what he said! :)
QUOTE]

hmmm...

Silje
8th Sep 2006, 21:45
Silje,
Yes, the pilots fly allover. You show up for work at your base (lets say Copenhagen), and you ll do for example Copenhagen-Stockholm and back, Copenhagen-Frankfurt and back, and then to Amsterdam for a stopover) That s a normal day for ya.
Rgds Timilu

hi timilu,

thanks for your reply. obviously i was quite right with my guess this time, yoohooo :D

well actually i know what pprune stands for (yes, it's true!). i did not intend to go on anyone's nerves here, i also did not intend to ask you guys freaky questions on a daily basis... but i mean on the other hand, it's such a big forum, so anyone who is irritated by a layperson like me can easily go somewhere else and overread the question.:)
when i posted the question i was prepared to be ignored, professionals sure have more interesting stuff to talk about, hehee!
but seriously, nice that there are people who have answered me, however i was a bit disappointed about the arrogance laypersons obviously get to feel here (by a small minority...hopefully): "don't you know where you are here?! it's a forum for PRO'S! P R O' S! do you have an idea what that means?!" a bit like that... well i find that somewhat irritating.

timilu, yes you're right, i am a young person, though not a wannabe
:)
i've had fear of flying for quite a long time, not so long ago i started to do sth against it, cuz it sucked. it's alright now i hope:uhoh: . anyway, somehow now flying just seems so interesting to me, i'd like to improve my knowledge (as you could see i still don't know much, ahem ahem:\ ;) ) and surf the net and read about it whenever there's time.

thanks again for your reply! silje