PDA

View Full Version : Interview questions for a flight dispatcher

sbh684b
2nd Sep 2006, 09:48
Hi all.

Im new to the group and dont know if this was posted before.
Im going for an interview as a Flight dispatcher at a leading world airline
next weekend and was wondering what questions to expect. I am currently a Flight Disptacher.

B/rgds
Haan

Expat abroad
2nd Sep 2006, 13:37
Hi Haan

Don't think there is really any set standard of questions, more down to the people doing the interview at the new airline. Also, you may have more than one interviewer, as they often bring someone from HR in, as I have seen in the past.

For questions about dispatching, put yourself in the shoes of the interviewer and think what sort of questions you would ask a potential employee coming for interview. How much would you want to know about his background, courses, education etc, as well as questions about the job. There is only so much that can be learned from the interview, and it's not easy to see how someone acts when on the job, apart from seeing them on the job.

Would say it's no different form any other job interview. If you know your stuff at your current company, and are good at the job, that should come through in the interview and how you handle the process.

Hope this helps

Slim

sbh684b
3rd Sep 2006, 07:18
Thanx Slim :ok:

U r right. Wat i dont know know after 3 years ill never know.:ugh:

Rgds
Haan

Captb747
4th Sep 2006, 11:57
Hi sbh684b,

Do you mind me asking what airline, as if its the one I worked for, I may be able to gibe specifics. PM me if you want to...

Cheers Captb747