PDA

View Full Version : please could someone help me

girl-13
2nd Sep 2006, 09:21
hia i'm 13 and i would like to become an air stewardess when i am about 18- 19 could someone please tell me like what you have to do to become a air stewardess
xxx thanks girl-13 xxx

vodkaholic
2nd Sep 2006, 10:45
Make sure you do really well on your GCSEs. you will need at least a C in maths and english. and it won't do you any harm to learn a language to a very high level as well, as this is desirable for most airlines.
you can't apply for most charter airlines until you are 18 and some of the scheduled the min age is 19, some 21. my advice would be after school to go out to work and get some face-to-face experience in customer services as airlines look for experience over qualifications mostly.
good luck!

Evita
2nd Sep 2006, 18:08
First of all don't rush to grow up... you won't believe how suddenly time flies by and you find yourself buying anti-wrinkle cream!!!
Take it a step at a time. Your main concern at the moment should be getting the best grades you can in school and continue studying for as long as you can as once you leave school its really hard to find the time and money to study again.
Learn how to be independant and responsible. When eventually you start working go for customer orientated jobs which will help you be a people person. Have a work experience before going for this line.
Being 21 or over would make the job easier for you as it has a lot of responsibilities nowadays.
Studying nursing or managment would be helpful.

Take it step by step enjoy being young and make the most of your teens and see what's on offer when you feel ready to go for it. Good Luck!!