PDA

View Full Version : SAX Hiring?

Alternative
1st Sep 2006, 09:37
Hi Guys,

Are SAX hiring again?

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Sep 2006, 09:40
I believe they've just employed eight new crewmembers.

Well done, guys!

Alternative
1st Sep 2006, 11:02
Thats great! When did they get the call? Any idea what the demographics were like?

Q4NVS
1st Sep 2006, 11:30
Pre-Screening Interviews were done on Monday with Final Interviews on Tuesday.

Saw the original group: 80% "Pale" Males

May 06 Intake: 4 Females + 3 Cadets
August 06 Intake: 3 "Pale" Males + 1 Female
September 06 Intake: Dunno...

As I said before, the ONLY time failure becomes a reality, is from the moment you decide to give up!

So DON'T! :ok:

nugpot
1st Sep 2006, 13:30
As I said before, the ONLY time failure becomes a reality, is from the moment you decide to give up!
So DON'T! :ok:

Well said mate.

I don't think SAX is done yet either......
Update your CV's early and often. ;)

BTW, last 12 on CRJ, mostly in CPT.

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Sep 2006, 13:49
Reckon they'll give me a job if I irritate them enough, Nugs?:ok:

HSI
1st Sep 2006, 13:59
Anyone know the requirements? What sort of experiance recent intake had? Out of interest.

Thanks

nugpot
1st Sep 2006, 14:18
Reckon they'll give me a job if I irritate them enough, Nugs?:ok:

I reckon that's the only way. Oh, and being available immediately as per the last two intakes.

HSI,

Sounds like 2000hrs, ATP, multi-turbine, multi-crew. Some of the new guys had lots more though.

EagleWings
1st Sep 2006, 18:14
Does anyone know if they have an e-mail address for CV's so us contract boys can also send in our details??
Thanks EW:uhoh:

Alternative
1st Sep 2006, 18:59
So,do all the 8 that have been lucky enough get to start immediately..quite a big course at one go!

nugpot
1st Sep 2006, 20:09
Sorry, I should have expanded on that comment.

Available for interviews immediately (as in 3 days later) and available for employment soon afterwards.

AFAIK it will be 2 groups of 4 to be on line in November. Full program takes 2 months to 10 weeks.

Alternative
1st Sep 2006, 20:26
Just out of interest nugpot.....If both SAA and Express are goverment entities how is SAX able to get around the whole AA thingy and not SAA?
Not many affirmatives flying CRJ's around and from what Q4NVS says this set of interviews were majority pale males!

Still hope for us pale males in the land...viva SAX!

philby737
1st Sep 2006, 20:37
I reckon that's the only way. Oh, and being available immediately as per the last two intakes.

HSI,

Sounds like 2000hrs, ATP, multi-turbine, multi-crew. Some of the new guys had lots more though.

Is immediate availability a big issue for SAX:eek:

nugpot
1st Sep 2006, 21:17
Alternative,

AA is still the preferred option, but if you can't find any, I guess you have to take what you CAN find.

Philby,

SAX had a surprise extra CRJ added (beyond the planned expansion) and lost 4 pilots to other airlines. That meant 4 extra upgrades to be replaced + 4 lost FO's to be replaced + 4 FO's for the extra a/c. All have to be available when the a/c go online. So the answer is - sometimes availability is a big issue, other times not.

BTW, I am not in management, so I can only give my own observations and opinions.

Q4NVS
2nd Sep 2006, 08:42
Wrt this weeks Interviewee's:

Quite a few ATR as well as Safair C130 drivers, as I understand, but also some others with less...

Considering:

Equipment - All aircraft are 12 years or younger with "TV Screens" :}
Salary Scales and Benefits
Management and Staff
Strong Union that has a Healthy working relationship with Management
Rostering - With very little Night Stops :zzz:
Career Prospects and Current Growth :D

IMHO, SAX must be SA Aviation's best kept SECRET and definitely the Best SA Airline to work for, except if you have a bee in your bonnet to fly "old" 737's or MD's etc.

Not me, Thanks 4 asking :oh:

With the help of SAA Cadet's as well as Flight Attendant's, the AA Numbers in the Flight Operations department is very good. Always opportunities for all SA Citizens, if your experience meets current requirements. ;)

Good Luck and don't stop Punting :ok:

nugpot
2nd Sep 2006, 09:23
IMHO, SAX must be SA Aviation's best kept SECRET and definitely the Best SA Airline to work for

And then you go and blabber it all out..... :E

forkingfishing
2nd Sep 2006, 15:33
Oh well! So it's not a secret anymore. Well done to the guys/gals that got in, it certainly is a great place to be!

grjplanes
4th Sep 2006, 21:20
When is this "surprise" extra CRJ arriving in SA and from which previous airline. It seems that it is replacing one of the 2 DC-9s on CPT-PLZ-DUR route taking it from 4 to 6 daily flights on the route.
Also the 2x CPT-GBE route seems to be dropped from November for CPT-MPM 2x weekly.

reptile
5th Sep 2006, 06:59
What sort of experiance recent intake had?

The person with the least experience on the last intake: Pale male, 1200hrs, com and no ATP subjects. His persistence paid off - CRJ position in Cape Town starting 18/09/2006.

Keep trying - as nugpot mentioned, another intake is on the cards.....:ok:

Alternative
5th Sep 2006, 14:21
1200 hours,no ATP subjects???? Persistence?

Yeah right,come on guys,who r u kidding! U all know where im going with this one!

reptile
5th Sep 2006, 15:02
U all know where im going with this one!

Pray tell.

reptile
5th Sep 2006, 15:42
Before Alternative starts speculating - this is how he got it right.

He send his first CV the day he got his PPL, and continued updating every month ever since. The company invited him to get to know him personnally - not seriously expecting him to get in, since his experience was much less than the other lads and ladies getting interviewed. To cut a long story short, he came third or forth in the selection process, simply because he was well prepared. Since the company hires from the top of the list, he was included in the initial intake of 6 drivers.

P.S. ATP or ATP subjects is not an entry requirement - and he does not have any family in the company.

Yep.....despite Alternatives' conspiracy theories, he got in because he really wanted to and because he prepared well. :ok:

Flyer14
5th Sep 2006, 20:41
Does anyone know the details as to where to send a C.V? No info on their website.

TM1
6th Sep 2006, 09:38
Just out of curiosity, wasn't the low time guy a SAAF pilot. And who where the other okes, with what experience !