PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year again; Happy Birthday Gaunty!

Pinky the pilot
1st Sep 2006, 01:11
Well, another year has passed and once again Gaunty has managed to survive all those who sling the arrows of misfortune. So with the permission of all assorted Woomeri may I wish Gaunty a Happy Birthday for Saturday Sept. 2nd and trust that this year he gets his wish of a gift wrapped Citation X.:ok: :E

The appropriate bottle of fizzy stuff will be consumed in due course methinks!:D

Blue Sky Baron
1st Sep 2006, 03:07
Gaunty,

The years roll on, and on, and on! :ugh:

Luckily your body is not ageing as quickly as the years are - must be something to do with the intake of all those wonderful liquids we all love so dearly! :D

Please enjoy one for me, I'll do the same over this side. :ok:

BSB

Capt Claret
1st Sep 2006, 03:57
Hip, Hip, (what comes next :confused: )

Hugh Jarse
1st Sep 2006, 05:23
Hic - Hic :8 :8

Have a great one, Gaunty:ok:

swh
1st Sep 2006, 07:35
Happy Birthday GG

:ok:

Desert Flower
1st Sep 2006, 10:13
Happy birthday Gaunty, & ditto to the little pink fella who celebrates (?) his in the next few days too!

DF.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
1st Sep 2006, 11:16
G'day Gaunty,
Another 'milestone' in the journey of life..... A fair bit of 'water under the bridge' since those halcyon 'Murch' days....
(formerly called.....these trying times.)
ENJOY!!! And best regards....and....may you get your wish of that Citation X..
Cheers:ok:

The Voice
1st Sep 2006, 11:34
Gidday there Gaunty .. gawd it only seems like yesterday that we were all wishing you the best ..

may the dining be fine, only surpassed by the wine!

happy birthday young man ;)

gaunty
1st Sep 2006, 12:01
As usual I'm really really embarassed by the attention.:)

This year I've become a Grandfather as well.:ok:

In a minute I'll work out how to get a piccie of the beautiful Princess Chloe Anne, my new granddaughter and first grandchild up here.
She has really changed my view on life as she is spoke.

Many many thanks and I really do apprediate your thoughts, The big 60 arrives and I really did know Elvis, the Big Bopper and Johnny O'Keefe personal like. :cool:

Big relly bash and close friends next week at Billy Lees 9/09/2006, University Asian Restaurant , Braodway Fair Nedlands around 7:30pm if anyone wants to come. :)

gaunty
1st Sep 2006, 12:40
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Only those who were there since those halcyon 'Murch' days would know what you mean.:ok:

We really did have the best of "GA" .:ok:

And if I've got anything to do with it we will again, I just didn't think it would take this long.:{

Pinky the pilot once again my heartfelt thanks for your thoughts.:D

Woomera
1st Sep 2006, 14:52
BSB "Luckily your body is not ageing as quickly as the years are..."

It's missleading of course. Whilst Gaunty is only just three score, one could be mistaken for thinking his features pre date that by a decade or two!! :} :}

All the best for your Birthday from the Woomera Mob, Gaunty. :ok:

I know you will be giving us many more years of problems! :ugh:

Sunny Woomera

gaunty
2nd Sep 2006, 02:40
Oh and it would be very remiss of me not to wish Pinky the Pilot many Happy Returns as well.

He is being a bit coy about his age but I'm sure he's got plenty more miles on the clock and one of the more thoughtful and just nice people.

Wooms

Thanks, I promise not to cause any more trouble now, I've changed my medication and hopefully it'll kick in the next day or so.:cool:

his features pre date that by a decade or two!! yeah in the days when drinking age was 21, I was always the sucker who had to go and buy the booze for my school mates.:{ AND it always got me a more "adventurous" older woman. :E

Pinky the pilot
2nd Sep 2006, 08:09
bit coy about his age :confused:

Gaunty mate! Reckon you might need new glasses an' all, or 'ave you been shellebrating (hic) already yet??:ok: :D

My age is listed above my number of posts!

Thanks for the wishes from you and the lovely Desert Flower:ok:

Aunt Daisy
2nd Sep 2006, 11:11
When sycophant first appeared in English in the sixteenth century it had this original meaning of an informer, but quickly moved through a sense of someone who bears tales to a person of higher status to its modern sense. This the big Oxford English Dictionary explains in one of its better definitions as “A mean, servile, cringing, or abject flatterer; a parasite, toady, lickspittle”.

It would have been safer for you if you had stayed in JB, we don't do attitude here Woomera