PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Pilots in Brasil

loachboy
1st Sep 2006, 00:49
I am curious as to how newly trained Helicopter Pilots find work in Brasil, and also, Latin America.
The number of Helicopters in Brasil (SP) is huge and I am curious if it is any easier to find work there.
What are the typical ways Pilots become employed ?

Here in Australia usually it means getting in your car and driving all around the Country, looking for work, some guys become Instructors, but this is only possible on having 400 hours, and even then it's not garunteed of getting work.

Any good info/advice will be appreciated.

Loachy
:ugh:

alemaobaiano
1st Sep 2006, 13:39
Loachy

They find work here the same way they do anywhere, knocking on doors until they can convince an employer that they are worth giving a job to. That entry level job will be something like power line inspection or maybe tourist flights in one of the less well-known resorts.

Corporate, news and air-taxi jobs in Sao Paulo are out of reach of low time pilots, and the employers expect you to have all of the ratings necessary before you start. Don't forget that generally you need to be Brazilian to fly comercially here, although I think an international business can use foreign pilots (employed by the corporation) IF there are no qualified local pilots.

A low time foreign pilot has very little chance here and there are plenty of well qualified Brazilian pilots competing for the vacancies so even a rated foreign pilot would struggle to find an opening.

Hope that helps a bit
ab

loachboy
4th Sep 2006, 03:09
Thanks for the feedback so far.....
Well yeah same old same old isn't it, no magical solution is there ? :ugh:

Persistence pays off I guess.

Powerlines doesn't seem like entry level type work to me, not in ,y country anyway.

Thanks to all that replied.

Loachster
:p