PDA

View Full Version : Channel Islands to Belfast/Dublin/Derry

Guern
31st Aug 2006, 21:17
Given the large expat Irish populations in the Channel Islands would it not be viable to have some flights from Channel Islands (particularly Guernsey) at peak Holiday times such as Christmas & easter?

Currently it is a nightmare to fly with Flybe or work out another method of getting there and very expensive. Takes us about 7 hours travelling to Belfast from GCI.

ICING AOA
31st Aug 2006, 23:59
I agree with you, I really dont understand at all WHY there is still no flights between GCI and DUB :ugh:
At least 2 or 3 flights a week would be enough to get the planes full of PAX.

But you know, sometimes it is very hard to take the decision to open a new route, as it is always a big risk :ouch:

akerosid
1st Sep 2006, 05:12
It certainly is an issue; even getting to DUB in Winter is a problem; I spent a few hours last night trying to organise flights from Jersey to Shannon; boy, was that a nightmare.

The best hope is probably RE, as they have the right aircraft for Winter flights, the ATR72 (and indeed, the 42). It always occurred to me that if they could run an ATR from JER (or even GCI) to ORK, they could feed into flights to Dublin, Belfast and even Galway.