PDA

View Full Version : CX and past smokers

Avee8tor
31st Aug 2006, 19:50
The medical form asks if you do or have ever smoked. I used to smoke but only on a social basis (couple or so at the pub or parties) on and off for about 10 years but not as a daily thing. Been 'weed' free for nearly a year now.

How does CX view this? Or best to keep it quiet?

Thanks.

AAIGUY
1st Sep 2006, 08:56
Don't lie about anything thing during the whole recruiting process with CX. Period. This advice has been given many times on this forum, and is extremely valid. nuff said.
I am sorry , I would agree about most things, but I would NEVER tell a prospective employer -especially an Asian one- that you were into drugs for 10 years , but stopped recently. There is NO WAY they can find that out (unless you have a criminal record - and that is an entirely different matter). You can only do your application harm.

autobrakes
1st Sep 2006, 09:41
I believe they can find out through medical tests... And if Avee8tor isn't joking, he is referring to both cigarettes and weed.

Best to answer honestly, we aren't perfect.

guest27
1st Sep 2006, 09:47
I am sorry , I would agree about most things, but I would NEVER tell a prospective employer -especially an Asian one- that you were into drugs for 10 years , but stopped recently. There is NO WAY they can find that out (unless you have a criminal record - and that is an entirely different matter). You can only do your application harm.

:} :} :}
AAGUY is definitely KIDDING !!!

(what the hell you saying mate? :ugh:)

Avee8tor
1st Sep 2006, 12:43
I'm pretty sure he was referring to cigarettes, not drugs.

Exactly - never done weed, pot or any form of drugs was referring to cigarettes. Sort of on the fence with this one as I know how anti smoking and past smoking some employers can be. As I said I wasn't a '40 a-day" smoker, just every now and then.

Thanks again.

AAIGUY
2nd Sep 2006, 04:08
I'm pretty sure he was referring to cigarettes, not drugs.

OOPS... my bad..See I come from British Columbia Canada....The Amsterdam of North America..when someone says "smoking" I assume its not cigarettes ;)