PDA

View Full Version : DEFO Base Assignments

Sike
31st Aug 2006, 16:17
Hey Folks,

I have my first interview on 10/3 in NY and am quite excited about it. I am wondering what bases they are currently hiring into and whether they have actually started hiring directly into the pax fleet. A friend told me that they are requesting that you move to HK right off the bat. Any truth to that?

Thanks...

Harbour Dweller
31st Aug 2006, 17:36
A friend told me that they are requesting that you move to HK right off the bat.

Your "friend" is badly mistaken.

Unless you are offered an SO position there is no way you will be asked to move to HKG straight away. There are hundreds of Freighter FO's and Pax SO's who have priority to these FO (Pax) positions.

DEFO's (Pax) are being considered at at this stage for only 2 Bases in Australia.

As of Oct 06 all currently employed FO's & SO's will be offered the choice of taking a FO position in either of these Australian Bases.

If all available places are filled there will be NO DEFO's (Pax) employed. :ok:

Any places left will be filled by DEFO's starting Jan 07 on a new C scale. :yuk:

Goodluck with your upcoming interview.

Sike
31st Aug 2006, 19:20
Thanks for the reply. I think my friend must have been speaking with someone who went to a S/O interview.

I saw the new "C"-scale rates posted on the other forum. They are still far better than what you are looking at at a U.S. based legacy carrier. However, I never saw the original Pax rates before the new scale was proposed.

Sike
5th Sep 2006, 16:52
Do most US based CX guys live in base? If not, how do you get to work? Are there any travel bene's on One-World partners like American?