PDA

View Full Version : ID80 Info required - not travelling with employee.

airmiles-andy
31st Aug 2006, 13:49
Hi there,

Forgive me if this question has been asked in another thread, I have had a quick look but cannot find anything relevant to my question so I will go ahead.

My friend has just completed 6 months service for BMED (affiliated to BA), and she was told she is allowed to nominate 3 friends for ID80 status. My understanding from her is that I can travel on any OneWorld airline for 80% discount off the flexible economy fare.

I am hoping to fly to Thailand in November without my friend, and she seems to think she and I will need to sign some solicitors form, but I really don't know what that's all about, except that it is sometimes done when the friend is flying without the airline employee.

So basically what I'd like to know is, is this a complicated legal process (has anyone even heard of it). Also, as this is a standby ticket I think, how long before the flight will I have an idea of whether I will get on it. My friend seemed to think she would be able to find out the availability of the flight for me.

And finally, the silliest question of all, in these circumstances, would there be any likelihood of the check-in staff upgrading me (not asking for much am I hehe).

Anyway, hope I've covered everything, any responses would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Andy

shortm
31st Aug 2006, 13:57
Not sure about the solicitor's letter thing - never heard anything like that but haven't even worked for BMed so maybe that's something unique to them. As for the ID80, you are correct in thinking it would be standby. Although your friend would be able to check the loads nothing is confirmed until the doors are closed and the aircraft starts moving. I have actually got as far as sitting on the aircraft when there was a problem with the loadsheet and 5 of us who were on standby had to be off loaded.

The other thing to remember is the an ID80 isn't always that cheap as you are paying 30% of the FULL economy fare - very few people ever pay the full fare in reality so you can often find a much better deal searching on the internet.

HTH Megan

despatch
31st Aug 2006, 14:23
Hi there
I work for BMED and your friend got the info wrong
Your friend can put the folowing people on her id90 staff travel
3 Family members
or direct family ie husband,kidds or step children
or 1 travel companion
or partner
As you can see its one or the other and not all of them
Regards

despatch
31st Aug 2006, 14:26
if she nominate you as a travel companion I think you need to fly with her and dont need a solicitor letter.But if she nominate you as a partner you need to get a solicitor letter to say you are together and you can travel without her

airmiles-andy
31st Aug 2006, 15:34
Are you sure about that despatch, she was told she can have 3 ID90s and 3 ID80s. Perhaps she has got the wrong end of the stick but she seemed sure. I'll have to check with her for sure, if it's not the case then I may as well book independently. By the way, I'm not her partner, although she is single so perhaps that's what she had in mind.

tomatolover
31st Aug 2006, 23:14
Its standard BA concession rules....

You can have up to three family members, if one of these is your Partner/wife/husband/civil partner, the other two must be dependents, ie sprogs. If you are single, you can have mum, dad, sister brother etc.

If you are unmarried and want to put your partner down as that, partner status, you have to get a letter stamped and signed by a solicitor, think its called an Aphro Davit (please excuse the spelling). Its really simple, and frankly it means jack s***. It just keeps the other international carriers that you may use on interlines happy that the person has a bona fide entiltement. The alternative to this is just going down as a travel companion, and this means you can ONLY travel with your pal. And on restricted airlines. And your priority is pants. Basically go for the solicitor thing. Your pal's staff travel department have blank examples of this letter (I know this as I've been through this process when I worked for B-Med).

In respect of ID80 different people, well I wish that were true!

Good luck, and if you need any help PM me, or tell your pal to go direct to the Staff Travel dept at B-Med, they're really good and know their stuff up there.

despatch
1st Sep 2006, 12:03
Tomato
Well done:D well explained.To add on to it air miles andy your friend is better off to ask S(male staff travel).He loves answering your questions and have a broad knowledge about staff travel.Dont go to the female (R) one.She is constantly with her family from around the globe on the phone so you might disturb her with all these queries.I am so tempted to draw up a petition to get her evicted she is plain :ugh: .Hahaha
Good luck

airmiles-andy
3rd Sep 2006, 02:26
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all who have replied !!