PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 206 Endorsement

multi_engined
31st Aug 2006, 13:10
Does anybody know where you can do a Cessna 206 endorsement?..

I live in Sydney and would like to do one when I finish CPL, apparently it's a big heads up in the employment que...

Natit
31st Aug 2006, 13:12
Endorsement?

You should already be endorsed mate.. SPEA < 5700kgs which I'm sure a 206 comes under.

Getting some time on a 206 is a different matter.

multi_engined
1st Sep 2006, 10:57
Hi, thank you for your responses.

Natit: At the end of my training I will be endorsed on the Cessna 152, Piper Warrior/Archer II and III, Cessna 172 and also the Duchess and Partnaviar (Italian)... So no, I will not be endorsed on the C206.

Owen: Please check your PM inbox.

Thank you M-E.

THE IRON MAIDEN
1st Sep 2006, 12:18
Most schools won't let you fly anything if they haven't checked you out in it.. There are no type endorsements for S.E. Aircraft, beyond that of design features. (ie CSU/Retract/Tail wheel/Floats etc)

Your PPL or CPL will automatically endorse you on S.E. aircraft below 5,700kg. The Duchess will also give you CSU and Retract.. So basically you'd be able to jump in any S.E. Aircraft with fixed or retractable. Fixed or constant speed prop. and take it away...

The 206 is a good plane to get some time on as they quiet common in the outback.. If you want to try for S.E Charter.. I'd suggest though a 210. just a little heavier and faster than a 206 and the time on a 210 counts for every S.E cessna below it.

good luck.

Cheers, Maiden

gaunty
1st Sep 2006, 12:27
Simple, no such thing as an "endorsement".

Just need "Constant Speed" and someone to check you out in the circuit.

Just be ready for the unbelievably loud "howl" from the propeller on take off and get the speed right for landing, trim, trim, trim, everybody lands way too fast. :uhoh:

And Bob's your Uncle.:cool:

It's a legend in it's own lunchbox.:ok:

THE IRON MAIDEN
1st Sep 2006, 12:48
Gaunty is right.. I've come in fast some days and the thing wont sink! Mind you if you slow them down enough, you'll stop them on a dime!

They are a great plane!

Gaunty have you heard that howl with the back doors off?

Cheers
Maiden

multi_engined
1st Sep 2006, 13:35
Oh ok I see...

Is it possible to get a few hours on a 206 or 210 anywhere around the Sydney region?