PDA

View Full Version : Africa Aerospace & Defence

JetPark
31st Aug 2006, 09:46
Hey Guys, with AAD in Cape Towen this time around, it's proving difficult to find good Hotel accommodation. If you're involved, best you get going on this sooner than later. I battled. And it's not even the size of what's expected for 2010 :{

Goldfish Jack
1st Sep 2006, 16:26
Glad you managed to find some!

Accom is at a premium that weekend - it is a long weekend and there are quite a number of big sporting events that are taking place then. Amongst them are the Noon gun half marathon, Champs of champs hockey tournament and also the start of the school hols. I believe there are also one or two seminars at the CTICC so that will also place a premium on hotac.

SO finding accom will not be easy esp around the Town area.

I also had a chance to see the rough draft for the flying programme for the Sat and what a DISAPPOINTMENT it is -nothing more than the usual SAAF museum stuff you always see at a Ysterplaat show - the only difference is that the Grippen and Hawk might be flown. The usual shack, daks,Oryx, Alos, etc etc will be there and thunederous city making its usual noise! I was quite upset to see none of the bizjets due to fly, nor any large jet - there is a slot for an A340 to fly - I was hoping to see the A380 - rumour has it it was going to come to FAJS and FACT as part of its route proving, but that seems to have come to nothing.

I think a lot of people who are coming to see big modern new a/c been shown off are going to be very upset - the same stuff every year just a year later and with some new crews!!

That aside I am sure we will have a good time at the trade days and the bar will do its roaring trade. Just a pity about the flying programme.

However if the SE does not blow have a good time and dont party too hard