View Full Version : Farnair

deputy dawg
30th Aug 2006, 17:12
I hear they are recruiting F/Os again. Does anyone know the conditions? Has anybody gone through the interview recently? Can you offer any insight?

Thanks everyone

vipatr
4th Sep 2006, 13:37
Farnair is now looking for f.O's again.
As ad-hoc pax routes are growing and ups requiring more aircraft this will continue.
Farnair is a very interesting company to work for. many different types of operation.

A very nice and professional workforce.
Unfortunatly most Farnair pilots have low moral.There is a big gap between management and pilots.

MaxBlow
5th Sep 2006, 06:20
Why do most pilots have 'low moral' as you described it ? Might have something to do with the way they´re treated by management :ugh:

A common problem these days :rolleyes: . Management pilots always
make things sound alot better than they actually are - that´s part of their job
and reason for their big wallets...:}

tschierv
7th Sep 2006, 09:18
Vipatr:
You either don't know what you are talking about or you are from the Farnair management itself. If the second guess is true, first guess can not be excluded; unfortunately…
Anyway, don't talk about low moral of the crews before you haven’t seen them doing their outmost to achieve the goals regarding reliability/on time performance.
CU

vipatr
7th Sep 2006, 12:03
I See my remark has caused some irritation .
I Think you are mis understanding me.
I only wanted to point out that alot of pilots are unhappy because of certain working condition. (roostering, etc )

I fully agree that farnair pilots work very hard to get on-time performance and reliability.

FBOZH
23rd Sep 2006, 14:14
Diverting a bit from the subject proper, is Marco lorenztti still at Farnair? I read an article about one of his flights from Basle to Cologne on the net.

error_401
26th Sep 2006, 20:46
FBOHZ

I think he is still working with them. If i'm not totally wrong as Training Manager.

error_401

vipatr
28th Jan 2007, 11:28
Captains make +- chf 5500 net excluding flight pay.

per diem is 60 euro per day

F.O is 3200 chf net if you have the rating.
\per diem also 60 euro a day.

greetings,

vipatr
28th Jan 2007, 11:51
yes also travelling and expenses incl

BUT

you will need to be basel based! and you will be required to take a train (second class) to CGN to start you rotation. Train takes approx 5 hours. Roostering is very poor. if you dont live in basel you will not enjoy working for farnair.
Farnair is desperate for Captains.

cheers,

LeNautilus
30th Jan 2007, 08:35
Do you know how many hours/a month a FO can expect to fly?

DIRRIK
30th Jan 2007, 10:11
Hi,

It all depends on which rotations you fly during the month, I was flying everything between 10 and 90 hours. Average should be around 40 I think.
Sometimes whole night awake for 3 hours flight.

Dirk

sharkybar
30th Jan 2007, 17:02
:= Farnair is not the place where you will built hours:bored: on the other hand you will travel a lot by train:} roosters can change many times/month, difficult to plan something for your private life:= salary is one of the weakest of the market:\ , if you go, enjoy:D ;) :}

Sharkybar the best place in Cambodia:ok:

LeNautilus
30th Jan 2007, 18:16
A flying career is long, I have time to build hours. What is more interesting is to get "worthy" experience, and I think Farnair is good for that.
I asked the question about the hours because I had been told by sbdy that they fly 30-40 hours/a month and sbdy else told me 50-60. Both are inside the airline. :confused:
But Dirrik confirmed it may change a lot!

vipatr
9th Feb 2007, 00:34
I have heard that farnair will really need to inprove working conditions if they want to keep the staff.

I hope they make some changes quick!

time to act! and make it a nice company again!

racheldebuitleir
28th Jul 2009, 16:17
Anybody know what its like working for Farnair as cabin crew?

farnair
16th Jun 2013, 12:23
...I have heard from my colleague working as a ground engineer, not only pilots are working under the big pressures and stresses. :{ The maintenance is working under the same pressures, main target is to achieve "good dispatch reliability", regulations are annoying for some managers. They have very limited resources, salaries, almost everyone is overloaded and pissed off, wrangles are on daily basis. Due to this fact, important part of maintenance department in Basel is changing every half year. :=
Farnair is desperate for Engineers.

cheers,