PDA

View Full Version : And you thought fuel ladders were bad...

steamchicken
30th Aug 2006, 14:32
Russian airline involved in recent Tu-154 loss accused of offering cash bonuses to crew who load least fuel. Apparently the "ecological premium" could be at least 20 per cent of salary. (French link (http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/economie/201173.FR.php))

Wino
30th Aug 2006, 16:31
Do I actually have to make it into the air to collect the bonus, or can I sell the fuel already on the aircraft to someone else, taxi out, run out of gas 1 minute after engine start and collect a 20 percent bonus?

Cheers
Wino

Agaricus bisporus
31st Aug 2006, 12:13
Couldn't see what this thread has to do with ladders, but here is one on topic...

I get pissed off at having to climb fuel ladders in the rain too, especially at CDG whrere the idle froggy b@stard refuellers won't even do their own job and make pilots do it instead.

Are we insured to climb ladders covered in grease and fuel? What does Health and Safety have to say about eye protection, fuel proof steel toecap boots and hard hats for scrambling up ladders underneath 10 tons of kerosene?

Come on you cotton-wool merchants, this is a case where we really do need your protection, for God's sake get on the case!

BusBoy
1st Sep 2006, 08:12
Agaricus bisporus - Fuel Ladder as in fuel league table, ie who takes the least fuel on specific routes in a company

Hirsutesme
1st Sep 2006, 10:31
Couldn't see what this thread has to do with ladders, but here is one on topic...

I get pissed off at having to climb fuel ladders in the rain too, especially at CDG whrere the idle froggy b@stard refuellers won't even do their own job and make pilots do it instead.

Are we insured to climb ladders covered in grease and fuel? What does Health and Safety have to say about eye protection, fuel proof steel toecap boots and hard hats for scrambling up ladders underneath 10 tons of kerosene?

Come on you cotton-wool merchants, this is a case where we really do need your protection, for God's sake get on the case!

Here is a good idea, check with your Association health and safety Rep, who will give you all the answers, and stop the Company you work for requiring you to perform unsafe tasks..alternatively, do a self assessment of risk, and if you think it unsafe, or if you do not have the right equipment, or you are not trained, refuse to do the task, as you are negally entitled, nay, encouraged to do. And if all pilots did that, problem would disappear.