PDA

View Full Version : Recent Aviation year Book about helping the Y Generation

TurbineDreamer
30th Aug 2006, 12:56
I know this is going to sound like a bitch and moan, with a chip on my shoulder. So up front sorry about this.

I read in a recently publish Aviation year Book, comments from head of Boeing Aust about different things they are putting in place to encourage Generation Y into the industry, to get ready for the ongoing demand that will be required as the Baby Boomers retire. HERE COMES MY RANT, Well I am a generation Generation X, and 13 or so yrs ago when I was newly qualified, no BABY BOOMER gave a Sh8t!!!!!! about me or my newly qualified friends. Yes I know the whole Supply and Demand thing, but what sh$ts me, is the Baby Boomers didn't give a sh*t then, now they are retiring they still don't give sh*t. And very, very few gave me any encouragement when I was looking for work, they were so frigging defensive and protective of their industry, they weren't interested in helping or encouraging myself or newly qualified friends. SO what pisses me off now, is I will be considered too old to be offered help to, but some sprogg out of school is going to be thrown all sorts of help, and I bet will not have to go through the crap that half of us had to.

HERE ENDS THE RANT.

mattyj
30th Aug 2006, 21:57
Yeah..same for me:*