PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lankan not allowing digital cameras!?

MidlandDan
30th Aug 2006, 11:34
Hi all,

For those of you who were wondering i did book the Sri Lankan flights to NRT, no more similar posts i promise :O

However, Sri Lankan airlines in London replied to my email, and are allowing laptops on board as hand-baggage but not digital cameras :{

Is this normal for all airlines after the LHR incidents??

Maybe i should phone someone at Sri Lankan and see if they say the same

Any help appreciated

Globaliser
31st Aug 2006, 10:25
However, Sri Lankan airlines in London replied to my email, and are allowing laptops on board as hand-baggage but not digital cameras :{

Is this normal for all airlines after the LHR incidents??No. AFAIK, most airlines are allowing everything on board on most routes from the UK. The main restrictions are (a) restricted size of cabin baggage through the security check; (b) no liquids, gels etc. to be taken through the security check (although can be bought at shops after security); and (c) no liquids, gels etc. to be taken onto UK -> US flights even if bought after security.

MidlandDan
31st Aug 2006, 14:50
Cheers Globaliser, to be honest, im not getting much sense out of Sri Lankan.....ive rang three times and got different answers on two occasions.

Ive only got a little Fuji Finepix, im wondering whether to risk trying to carry it on with me.....what do you reckon?