PDA

View Full Version : Aussie passport holder speaks fluent Japanese

pinklemonae
30th Aug 2006, 10:50
Hi there..

I am wondering what the options are for a native born in Australia who speaks fluent Japanese?

I have an Australian passport and my parents were born here.

What airlines could I work for internationally? I was thinking JAL, maybe Cathay Pacific?

Thanks

DASHSYD
30th Aug 2006, 16:04
With an Australian passport you can only work in Australia!!!

Taildragger67
30th Aug 2006, 16:21
With an Australian passport you can only work in Australia!!!

... or NZ, or for a while in the UK and some other European countries (depending on your age and ancestry) and anywhere else where you can get a work visa. It's also recently been made easier for Aussies to get US work permits.

What sort of job do you want? Sharp-end or cabin?

You won't have to look far on these boards to get a few ideas of what airlines are hiring and from where. Use the 'Search' facility.

pinklemonae
31st Aug 2006, 02:45
Thanks.

I was also thinking about JAL. Apparently they have one english speaker on board at the moment?

I am looking at Cabin to begin with. I am also considering working in the UK for a while until I can apply for a UK passport..

Anyway, I am going back to Japan this year so I'm sure I'll get some ideas then.

GorgeousKiwiGal
4th Sep 2006, 05:28
You can work for JAL, but at their Canadian base. All JAL crew have to be able to speak English. But some do it better than others ;o).

I also speak Japanese (NZ passport) and would love to work for JAL ... but am very happy with where I am at the moment.

Good luck :ok: