PDA

View Full Version : Vueling

pirata
9th Jun 2005, 12:51
After organising to go for the interview it was cancelled at the very last minute, not a very good start! particularly as i was already in BCN ! so beware, this is not the sort of thing one would expect from a professional operation!
pirata:{

flyingmasai
17th Sep 2005, 11:30
Cae is allready doing the training (self sponsored) for Ryanair in Amsterdam, now it is vueling... This is getting worth and worth!
It looks to me that less and less company will pay for the ratings and the salary does not compensate for the investment:
Make sure you check the salary at vueling, very low!
Most like it you will have to live in Barcelona: not cheap.

This is very depressing.

praka1
18th Sep 2005, 13:54
Indeed very depressing. It looks that you have to start with 360€ (non refundable) no matter Capt or F/O experience etc... Good business for CAE. (One Vueling guy will get a percentage of course) For ab initios it might be something but an experienced rated pilot will not pay 350€ for an interview not being sure of getting a bad job with very bad pay. On their commercial website they tell the people "all our pilots have 2000Hrs". Doesn't match with the requirements from CAE. But they lie about everything: salary pension scheme stockoptionplan etc...But everybody has been warned enough about Vueling. Stay away. The CEPLA will start soon to Stop some practices. This way they become the airline of the desperate pilots.

flyingmasai
29th Sep 2005, 08:22
Just receive today an invitation for an interview on the 1st of october at CAE (360 euro) for vueling in Madrid.

Has anyone done it?

skyviews
29th Sep 2005, 08:33
Cant help afraid, but could you post your exp and when you applied?

Regards

E. Mach
29th Sep 2005, 08:58
Could you tell us how much hours you have (TT), just to know what they are looking for..

Thank you very much and I hope it goes well, tell us how it was

E. Mach

TheFlyingDJ
29th Sep 2005, 09:50
they are looking for rated and non rated. non rated should ideally have 500 t.t. hours and 100 h pic. it's on the cae website.
still it's worth to try with less than 500h.

flyingmasai
29th Sep 2005, 09:50
The application was done 3 weeks ago with 4800 hours total time and no jet experience.
I will let you know when I am back on monday.

dorosenco
29th Sep 2005, 18:12
I also applied 2 weeks ago. 2000TT, 400h jet time. No call yet...
Good luck camarade :ok:

Leviathan
30th Sep 2005, 09:15
Not so many moons ago in ppruneland a debate used to rage about the legitimacy and morality of training bonds.

We have come now to a point where people will PAY 360 euro just to go to an interview where they will be deemed suitable or not to pay another phenomenal amount of money for a type rating.

Given the fact that we have sold ourselves down the river I do not have an issue with paying for a type given that you are not bonded, it's a good type to have; but I decided that I could not look myself in the mirror in the hotel in Madrid knowing that I'd just handed over 360 smackers just so some patronising carpet bagger could ask me how I was going to finance my own exploitation.

360 Euros for an interview, you have got to be on Crack.........

A very indignant Leviathan

dorosenco
30th Sep 2005, 15:07
Hey!, I'm about to discover the European market. I'm french, been living in the US for a while flying for a major regional. I NEVER had to spend a dime on anything, from the interview to the aircraft training. I think that I'm about to discover something new... :uhoh:

E. Mach
3rd Oct 2005, 10:36
Well flyingmasai, tel us how was the interview on saturday?? What did they ask you??

Hopefully all went well,,

Regards,
E.Mach

Sky Goose
3rd Oct 2005, 13:11
Got an interview with Austrian Arrows on the 17th of October, they also want €360,- .
Last year it was free, seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

Skunkworks
3rd Oct 2005, 16:18
Got an interview with Austrian Arrows on the 17th of October, they also want €360

Can you blame them?

You only have to look at this forum for a few minutes to realize that there are quite a few pilots who are crazy/desperate enough to give them the money!

Sky Goose
3rd Oct 2005, 16:21
cant blame them, but hope it comes back to bite them in the arse one day:O

E. Mach
8th Oct 2005, 09:30
Come on flyingmasai tell us how it was at vueling....

E. Mach

flyingmasai
8th Oct 2005, 10:15
I could not go last saturday, they will contact me for the next call. But I am going next sunday for an interview (free of charges this one) in Zurich for Hello. I will keep you posted.

Alpine Flyer
13th Oct 2005, 20:59
Tyrolean (Austrian Arrows) started to charge for the interview when they realized they spent that money for about 1000 interviews with about one hundred newhires. (i.e. 90% rejection rate).

I would expect that to change if supply is less readily available.

flyingmasai
14th Oct 2005, 08:15
I change my mind and I will not go for their interview.
With the salary I will get, I will not be able to pay the 50000 euros they are asking for the rating.

Sky Goose
14th Oct 2005, 08:19
Good for you mate....

€50 000.- are they on crack ?

Youll get there, without getting raped...just hang in there ;)

cheers
Goose

TheFlyingDJ
14th Oct 2005, 19:46
My goodness 50k euro :(.

Maybe it's the new way for loco's to keep the pax fares low.

Scanwing
23rd Oct 2005, 09:37
Is 50000 Euros for real? How can they charge you that ammunt? Is it an all inclusive rate with acc and meal as well? This is crazy!

DoPilot
29th Aug 2006, 14:26
Just got an email from them... not enough hours! They demand 1500hrs.

But I have an A320 type-rating! How can they find people with Airbus Rating + 1500 hrs ! who accept the very bad conditions they offer ??:ugh:

K. Soze
29th Aug 2006, 14:49
They require 1500 hrs before you pay them for an A320 rating so they will take people with no hrs provided that they do the rating with either CAE or Storm.

http://www.cae.com/aviationtraining/Vueling-Intro.shtml

winch launch
29th Aug 2006, 18:20
I was told by one of their pilots that 1500 hrs is their insurance requirement.
I think there are plenty of pilots who build those hours in GA that are ready to fly for them.

Winch

transilvana
6th Sep 2006, 00:49
More tha 20 pilots are leaving to clickair, VLG does not have more captains, foreingners can only work for 6 months under spanish labour laws.

dartagnan
16th Sep 2006, 22:00
10 years ago, It would have cost me 800 euro for a 2 ways flight ticket for my vacation or go to a free interview.

Now it costs me 130 euro for my same 2 ways ticket and a 300 euro interview.

at the end, we are still the winners!

ICING AOA
17th Sep 2006, 08:20
But 10 years ago you would have had a free MCC, a free type rating, a free uniform, a free parking place, free meal onboard during your duties (all offered by the company), and you would have had a salary probably 5 times higher than today, bearing in mind that lifestyle was 3 times cheaper than today !

So at the end, you are not a winner, you are just ****** up, but very happy to have "a job" :ok:

rebagliato
17th Sep 2006, 11:46
Hi to everyone,

I am going to do an interview with them soon. Could somebody give some information about the assesment?
I have found something but just in wide terms.

Thank you in advance,

Rebagliato

davidwildpig
22nd Sep 2006, 15:42
Yes, please I also would like some information on the Vueling Interview.

El Capitano
4th Nov 2006, 10:53
Next week I have a sim assessment for Vueling on the A-320 in Madrid.
Does anaybody know what to expect and does anybody have some flightprofile details for the assessment, like powersettings, flapsettings en targetspeeds?
Any info would be highly appreciated.

Thks El Capitano

inflames
5th Mar 2007, 10:15
Can anyone give me impartial information for working for vueling? Has anybody recently been for interview? Has anyone just joined on the DEC+Fast track cpt program and how is it?
Have heard some sad things about them but would likew to hear as close to what is real as possible.
Thanks
JW

climbto410
10th Mar 2007, 08:46
hi jw,
i´m going to join vueling in april, where my typerating course starts in mad, as a dec. so far, as i can see, vueling is not that bad (at least for the cp`s, i can understand the fo´s are a little disappointed concerning salary, etc.), everything quiet fair (interview, sim check...), staff very friendly... and i know the one or the other company and how things run there!!! the only thing that`s annoying is the lack of communication which is in my opinion caused by the overloaded hr staff. you need to call/mail them many times to receive information/results. btw are you sure they`re still hiring, i heard they have now enough folks from busted air madrid?!

all the best

410:ok:

...did anyone heard about a third base??? if so, where?

el caballero rojo
10th Mar 2007, 12:06
My advise,... stay away.
If passed the interview and simulator and this is the impression I have:
It is a bunch of unorganized pilots with all sorts of backgrounds who are really nice.However, they are not the ones who shoot you in the back from the moment you sign that piece of paper.
The real problem lies with the management and the ones who make the decisions there.
some facts:
1.when applying it is completely chaotic. They give you dates for the Sim with no time to plan after not hearing from them for ages. Some get the Sim after 3 days,...
2.when coming for a Sim evaluation it turns out that cae doesn´t have a Sim available
3.They promise you a DEC and all of a sudden it turns out they want to offer you a F/O position despite handling the Sim above standard with the other one getting a DEC despite completely ******* up his SE ILS twice.
4.During training you don´t get the Capt´s extra pay as long as you are not checked out. This lasted for some guys more than 3 months as they have no checkers available for you.
In that time you earn about 1600 euros net,:*
and yes, as a captain.
5.complaining and you get as an answer: that is what all vueling captains get during the line training
6.Safety, security first aid courses in Spanish only
7.Sheduling,... a nightmare,... changes all the time,.. at least the off days seem to be stable +/-
8.You can´t believe them,... everything should be on paper and even then,... Spanish law applies so the contract is in Spanish,... so if you want to start fighting for your rights, you are on your own.
No union
9.... to be continued
Forget them. It only makes sense if they give you an airbus rating and you can live from 1600 euros for several months.
There are even guys living in a trailer because they can not afford an apartment in BCN or MAD.
Bad deal:yuk:

dartagnan
10th Mar 2007, 17:16
totally true, bad deal!!!
only good for desperate pilots with no A320 hours.

zumzum
11th Mar 2007, 11:59
hi guys,
is it true that they are loosing a lot of guys that are jumping to clickair?
(More or less what is happening between Ryanair and Easyjet)

And then, if a cpt earn 1600 euros, what about the F/Os??
Are they making less money than cabin crew???

It seems a real BAD deal!!!

climbto410
11th Mar 2007, 15:03
hi guys,

now i really have to ask you in what galaxy you folks are living?! this company is paying for your rating and gives you money during rating/training and you complain:ugh:?!?! well, its not too much, but nobody forces you to join them and finally checked out the money they offer is not that bad. i remember the times, not a long time ago, when young pilots payed for the rating and thereafter payed for every hour they´ve been flying under supervision 50€!!! no salary, no flightpay, no per diems, nothing!!! things turned into good and will improve furthermore, you even fly a brand new bus....sowhat?!

rgds, 410

zumzum
12th Mar 2007, 17:35
Well 410,
My company paid for my type rating and is paying me what I deserve for my hard work...remember that be a pilot is a job with high professionalism and responsabilities and have to be paid consequentely.
So if you support these conditions (vueling) or you are a management guy or a pilot that lives in another galaxy.

rgds to you,
zum

tyne22
13th Mar 2007, 08:24
Hi,

Vueling does not pay for the type rating. They payed some to captain few month ago but it is not usual. The salary is very bad and even if they are nice during the interview after they treat you like s..t. They are scare that pilot leave the company. So if they need 30 pilots they hire 60. Like this some FO flyes 20H per month with a salary of 1500 EUR. This company is just good to pick up the 500H on type and adios.

el caballero rojo
13th Mar 2007, 09:38
climto410,
some people walk straight into **** and they don´t realize it.:ugh:
Or to put in a nicer way, it´s like falling in love with a girl who has a real bad character but in the beginning you don´t see it. She is really pretty from the outside but after a while you start to know here bad sides.:eek:
Do what you have to do but keep this in mind; I know some guys who told me what a good opportunity Vueling is to get a quick command on the bus and so I applied.
After a while I started to recognize that what I saw was only what I wanted to see.
Those same guys are still not checked out after 4 months and are overdrawing all there bank accounts just to make a living.
The one who finally made it is earning 4500 euros net as a Captain and already starts complaining what a chaos company Vueling is.
Besides that,... he has to pay 1100 euros now for an apartment in MAD, has been mucked twice and didn´t expect the sunny part of Europe to be that unfriendly against Germans.
If you think that is a good deal,... go ahead but I guess you have been flying an ATR or F100 before, for way less.
Despite the fact that I would like to fill a left seat one day I just stay where I am for now with less but whit better conditions (who are really not that great).
Vueling and Wizzair,... you can stuff them in one pit and :yuk: on it
Other guys who want to be respected for who they are,... don´t even bother

dartagnan
14th Mar 2007, 19:07
I hope Vueling will pay their first officer a little more. we do a hard job and we have invested lot of money in our training. If you want keep your pilots, pay them more!!! this is not only for Vueling, but for any companies. vueling does not pay for your type rating! only for highly experienced pilots.

pilots join Vueling to fly the 320 (Airbus school?).
You can barely survive if you are single (no kids)...

Charlie Roy
18th Mar 2007, 17:57
I notice Vueling do a number of W's and it made me wonder what's the longest shift someone can work at Vueling??

For example BCN - BRU - VLC - BRU - BCN takes from 06h45 - 17h40.

That's an 11 hour shift!! Are there even longer shifts? What's the legal limit?

MMurph
18th Mar 2007, 18:46
Charlie Roy,
11 hour days are considered to be a nice day out for pilots these days mate. And guess what they can do even more. Amazing isn't it.:ugh:

Charlie Roy
19th Mar 2007, 23:20
So what's the maximum number of hours for any one shift then?

climbto410
20th Mar 2007, 09:42
charly roy,

according to jar ops regulations, crew planning is allowed to plan you for a max 12 hrs duty time (incl. check in/out), which is allowed to be exceeded by max 2 hrs.
only in extraordinary cases (not foreseeable! technical out base, i.e.) this time might be exceeded by another 2 hrs with commanders decision (i did that only once or twice in my career, but preferrably 16 hrs duty than an overnight without clothes at a scary place:bored:).
so, in fact you are allowed to be planned 12 hrs duty prior to your duty start.
i mean thats more than enough, isn´t it?!:{

rgds410

dartagnan
22nd Mar 2007, 20:38
charly roy,

actually, vueling pilots want fly more hours!
can someone explain me why?

tyne22
23rd Mar 2007, 08:21
2 reasons to fly a lot at Vueling:

- Money (Basic salary is 1000EUR):}
- Flight time (to leave company):)

Panther06
23rd Mar 2007, 11:46
Good morning,

I am looking for a post age 60 job in Europe. I am a current A320 Captain for a major U.S. carrier. Can anyone you advise me on the labor laws in Spain? Does Vueling and Clickair require a JAA conversion.

thanks for any information

Kraut
23rd Mar 2007, 12:24
Hello, Panther06

I tried to get your focus on your question in another thread.:)

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267937

A-3TWENTY
24th Mar 2007, 08:14
When you go for an interview at the company they say a Capt. will get , say X money.

You spend two weeks there on an OCC, and then they put a contract in front of you with a salary X/3 (one third) because you are joining as Captain Level 6.

But they don`t tell you this trick.You are going to receive the X salary after 6 years when you reach level 1.

I thought I had a job , so I signed the contract in this terms , and start looking for a job.

After one month I left.

The first month at Vueling you are going to take home 1600 euros
Second , 3800 and third If you fly hard you are going to take home 5000.

Co.pilots....:bored: Poor guys...

Until they start to understand that the market is our side now, it`s a company to get your left seat , or 500 hours and......................................................GO AWAY

dartagnan
30th Mar 2007, 17:39
I discovered something new at Vueling:
before starting on your line training(and thereafter every 6 months), you have to pass an OPC check(operating procedures check).

if you fail or need extra sim hours, Vueling will ask you to refund hotel, simulator training (at 1000 euro/hour),etc...

it is now the pilot's wallet which set the safety level at Vueling and not the pilot competences by additional training.

Since when an airline jeopardizes the security of his passengers by blackmailing his pilots??specially when they want be called a "new generation airline"

whats the name of the spanish pilots union???I consider to join them.

PenTito
7th Apr 2007, 16:32
dartagnan,
only few months ago U were so full of compliments for VLG, what happened, don't U like the crew food any more ??? :confused:

ICING AOA
7th Apr 2007, 18:30
whats the name of the spanish pilots union???I consider to join them.

SEPLA, but if you need help, join Iberia, otherwise go to hell :E

dartagnan
7th Apr 2007, 20:24
I don't like their way to work...
they try to attract pilots by lying to them.

why do they lie?

Kraut
7th Apr 2007, 20:42
Maybe to attract pilots?:)

ICING AOA
7th Apr 2007, 20:44
Maybe to attract pilots?

arrrg , you have been faster than me for the answer :D :}

curser
20th Apr 2007, 09:14
Dr Rumack, Did you not read all the previous posts in this thread? The process would seem to be gang bang. What is all this nonsense about jumping into the left seat of a jet? Make your bones on regional carriers,get a living wage , build your hours. When the time is right present yourself to a major carrier as an experienced professional.
Having prostituted yourself to get a 320 rating where will you go? Who will hire you on the money the job deserves when there are a raft of similar young hopefuls with more cash then sense ready to prostitute themselves at your expense?

dartagnan
20th Apr 2007, 09:30
salary:800 euro-2200 euro.

duty time over 12hours/day.:ouch:

superced
20th Apr 2007, 10:33
ET oui DARtagnan je te lavais bien dis que cetait pourav vueling

Kraut
20th Apr 2007, 12:20
............................................................ ......................with less than 180 Cessna hours, jumping to the left seat of a major airline, ........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

curser
20th Apr 2007, 13:41
Dr Rumack, No one has judged you. I stand by my last post. I too waited for 10 years flying what I could in some unpleasant parts of the world. That is how it is done. You have not done too badly however averaging 500hrs a year. I would only caution anyone who feels they can jump the line by paying to be interviewed for a job that requires one to pay for a type rating and then receive a derisory salary that you do yourself or the industry no favours.I wish you luck in your en devour but lose the chip on your shoulder to make room for your epolette.

Yebo
20th Apr 2007, 15:26
Re: vueling interview
Hi, Dr This is just a copy of my post one year ago, things may have changed. I didnt accept theyr offer, by the way, I do think A320 type rating is still a good investment.
Boena suerte!
Yebo

I passed the technical interview on monday the 13th. Briefly:

Welcome briefing on the selection process
written technical test, about 100 questions ATPL stile, review ICAO anexes, performance, flight planning, W&B, electrics, etc.
Psicological profile-its a computer based questionary on line-Just be yourself,
Sim ride A320 fixed base-briefing by chief instructor and Vueling observer, fly a simplified SID out of barcelona and back for an ILS with flight directors, same sid for a vor raw data , go around, ils raw data, turns, climb, descent, speed change with no autothrust.
English language interview-its an acessment of your proficiency in inglish on a one to one interview, you will be ascked to talk about you and general subjects and retrieve information from a test read aloud.
I got the thumbs up immediatly after the Sim test, but have to wait about 1 hour for the other results.
Normaly they call you on your cell phone later in the evening for the results. The ones who pass the thecnical interview are automaticaly invited for a final interview in Barcelona Vueling headquarters with the chief pilot and HR.

Hope it will help, good luck.

Yebo

PS: They told me at CAE that recrutment drive will remain high for the comming monthshttp://www.pprune.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

dartagnan
22nd Apr 2007, 09:02
"They told me at CAE that recrutment drive will remain high for the comming months"

:oh:certainly, view the number of unhappy pilots leaving the company!!!:oh:

Liftdumper
23rd Apr 2007, 05:15
Is this the Dartagnan who was always so positive about Vueling??

A-3TWENTY
24th Apr 2007, 08:12
Since the beginning of this year more than 60 pelots has already left the company...

It speaks for itself..

dartagnan
24th Apr 2007, 17:30
One day I woke up, and realized how bad my situation was.

I wanted to believe in this "wonderful" company, but with 800 euro a month, how can you survive?

Caracas
24th Apr 2007, 18:29
800 Euros?????

A bit of an exageration I fear.

Liftdumper
25th Apr 2007, 08:15
800 euro's is the first salary during the operator conversion course, excluding per diems. The regular first year FO salary is approx. 2400 net.

Which is not a lot when you have to live in BCN or MAD.

dartagnan
25th Apr 2007, 20:53
Vueling'pilots need to create an UNION!!!

it is time to fight for your rights!

papazulu
25th Apr 2007, 21:26
it is time to fight for your rights!

U should change your nick in Robespierre or Danton, monsieur...Why don't sopo paying Vueling for the Scarebus rating, though?

Wish U good luck

PZ :ok:

dartagnan
27th Apr 2007, 16:19
why do vueling sign and give contracts 7-8 weeks later?
Pilots at vueling sign their contract 2 weeks after starting their "training" ,then this freaking Vueling'management keep the contracts for around 2 months before to sign them!!!.
I thought contracts had to be signed the same day, with both person face to face??
----

"Spain's Vueling Airlines posted a net loss of €10.8 million ($14.2 million) last year, a slight widening of the €10.6 million loss suffered in 2005 and worse than its own forecast of a €7.1 million deficit. Results were affected by new international accounting regulations, higher-than-expected publicity expenses and costs related to its IPO. Revenues more than doubled to €235.6 million as it launched service to 18 new destinations and carried 3.5 million passengers with a load factor greater than 70%. EBITDAR of €28 million soared over the €1.63 million reported in 2005. It expects to double passenger boardings to 6 million in 2007."

Flat-6
4th May 2007, 12:48
Has anyone been to the Vueling interview and test days in Barcelona recently?

Would appreciate some info about what to expect. Makes it easier to prepare. :ok:

A-3TWENTY
7th May 2007, 07:08
Don`t need to prepare..They are loosing so many pilots that anyone is welcome.

mgTF
7th May 2007, 14:37
Hi, I filled the application on line and after 10days I got an answer to fill another application in order to start the selection process then got no more replay. I´ve no rating on airbus

what do u think?

dartagnan
9th May 2007, 22:06
every month they have around 15-20 pilots coming in...this shows how good the general situation is for aviation.
(Some pilots have even disappeared during turnaround )

now they ask you to pay for your hotel accomodation(78euro/night+tax) during their "brainwashing" OCC.(cheap b***ards!!!)because the Boss says so.

CaptainProp
1st Jun 2007, 09:31
Any news on Vueling? What is the starting pay for a CP?

Any info would be appreciated!

/CP

Mach trim
3rd Jun 2007, 18:15
Vueling pays about 4000-4500 Euros net a month to their Vueling pilot employees.

They have lied or exaggerated to people during the interview

Depending how much you fly. No fly, very low base pay.

Contractors have a better deal at Vueling making around 7000 -8000 Euros

Pay for your own parking.

If you fly off your base you do not get paid any extra for per diems. As per diems are included in the above pay.
High tax rates in Spain.

PenTito
6th Jun 2007, 10:16
Recently, a number of Captains (and fos) have left VLG. They are having to crew MAD flts with BCN pilots.

jetpilotataltitude
8th Jun 2007, 20:06
Salary for F/O vary from as little as €1100 to an absolute maximum of €2500 per calender month. Captains €4100 to 4700 per calender month after tax, and this would be for an average 85-90 hour month. This month 12 pilots left! Last month similar number and in past 2 years turnover amounts to 85% of crew who started have left. Planes are new, the routes are good, the cabin crew work hard and are very professional and both captains and first officers have excellent CRM in most cases. If the salary was increased by 50% then most would stay, this is my personal opinion and one which many present and past pilots have of Vueling.