PDA

View Full Version : WA Pan - Fact Or Fiction?

flightfocus
29th Aug 2006, 14:25
Heard a rumour that a famous operator of 4 oil leaks connected by an electrical fault :8 : declared a PAN on the the way to Ravensthorp.
Possible fire in the cockpit. :eek:
If true hope all are safe

Hugh Jarse
29th Aug 2006, 20:07
Just listening to ATC live via satelitte and NJE has issued a PAN PAN on 133.2 due to fire in the cockpit, going into New Ravensport or something of the likes as I speak as Melbourne Centre has had to get Jetstar 147 to active the runway lighting.

Skystar320
30th Aug 2006, 00:22
Hello,

Earlier this morning a National Jet 146 was 40miles out of Ravensthorpe airport in the south west of WA when a fire broke out in the cabin.

The flight crew declared a PAN PAN emergency and returned to raventhorpe, the cabin crew managed to put the fire out before emergency services arrive.

Praise to the crew, thats what I heard anyone know the rego?

Skystar320
30th Aug 2006, 00:24
Oh i forgot to say that no injurys were reported
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Skystar320
30th Aug 2006, 00:40
61 passengers were onboard at the time of the incident at approx 6pm last night.

Before police could activate emergency plans the aircraft landed safetly and the flames but out by the crew

Thats our country's finest for you ready to deal with any situation

The Voice
30th Aug 2006, 00:49
Skystar320 I think your comment "So much for our country's finest" is absolutely uncalled for.

Part of any aircrew EP's is how to deal with situations just like this, and all power to them for getting the 'fire' out before the aircraft landed.

Better to know they're available if required on the ground, I spose it isn't really feasible to have them all kitted out and in the air and on each and every aircraft now is it?

Skystar320
30th Aug 2006, 00:53
read the above quote again and dont muck my words up

The Voice
30th Aug 2006, 01:03
I did read your words, and the words that I have placed between the " and " are your exact words before you edited the original post.

Skystar320
30th Aug 2006, 01:06
lol,

I edit my previous posts for spelling mistakes, and I could not be bothered getting into a argument. I know what I say and if you want to 'muddle' the words around I cannot stop you

Good day to you.

Skystar320

Icarus2001
30th Aug 2006, 06:18
Don't you just love Pprune? A serious incident happens and within six posts these two clowns start bickering with each other.:rolleyes:

GREAT to hear all ended well for the boys and girls. Well done.

Radio this morning reported fumes in the cockpit not flames or fire.

RENURPP
30th Aug 2006, 13:01
A malfunction to do with windshield anti ice I believe, cabin crew were not involved.
Have to love the media, it sounded exciting for a while there.:uhoh:

Gunnadothat
30th Aug 2006, 14:34
For Skystar - rego was NJE
the ATSB has an interim factual precis on the site:
http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/2006/AAIR/aair200605039.aspx

ATSB site also states: "Shortly after takeoff, the crew reported fire in the cockpit. The aircraft returned to departure airport. The aircraft orbited while the crew carried out emergency checklist items and extinguished the fire. Local RFFS was activated by the aerodrome reporting officer. The aircraft landed safely.
The investigation is continuing."

Great job by all concerned....

topend3
30th Aug 2006, 23:58
Noel Brunnings (GWN) did a superb job of sensationalising this one....you've got to laugh about their news...very entertaining :D :D

cunninglinguist
31st Aug 2006, 04:00
Sorry ca'nt resist: I thought they had fixed the fumes issue in the gas chamber, now they are actually getting flames ?? :}

On the serious side, well done boys/girls.

Gunnadothat
31st Aug 2006, 16:14
Noel Brunnings (GWN) did a superb job of sensationalising this one....you've got to laugh about their news...very entertaining :D :D

Anythings gotta beat the ad breaks on said TV channel:hmm: , selling products combatting flystrike and rogue rye grass :zzz:

Skystar320
1st Sep 2006, 00:02
Don't you just love Pprune? A serious incident happens and within six posts these two clowns start bickering with each other.:rolleyes:
GREAT to hear all ended well for the boys and girls. Well done.
Radio this morning reported fumes in the cockpit not flames or fire.

I'll did'nt start it :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

cunninglinguist
1st Sep 2006, 01:17
Thats nothing Icarus, a thread about a runway in Antartica got turned into a Jet* slagfest ( within 3 posts from memory ) which had to be edited by the great man himself:yuk:

VH-UFO
1st Sep 2006, 16:26
topend3;

In what way did he sensationalise it?

Gunnadothat;

What are you saying, that a fire in the cockpit is nothing?

Is this a bit of 'pilot bravado', chest pumped, dick swinging, tom cruise top gun walk :cool: ; "aahhh it was nothin' folks, an everyday occurence".:confused:

Gunnadothat
2nd Sep 2006, 05:21
Gunnadothat;
What are you saying, that a fire in the cockpit is nothing?
Is this a bit of 'pilot bravado', chest pumped, dick swinging, tom cruise top gun walk :cool: ; "aahhh it was nothin' folks, an everyday occurence".:confused:

Not at all - as a SLF that normally travels NJ almost every week to minesites, I view this with concern, and more than a little admiration for the actions of the crew.....- the quote wasn't in reference to the incident, but rather a tongue in cheek comment on the television network itself.....

Apologies to anyone if they misinterpreted my discription in the same manner as the UFO. I thought what I typed was fairly clear at the time.

cheers

Gunnadothat

RENURPP
2nd Sep 2006, 05:53
A fire on the flight deck is a little different to some smoke???

poteroo
2nd Sep 2006, 07:33
On the Quality of GWN TV Advertising.........

Strange, but I see only positives for advertising the typical 'country' products, eg, flystrike insecticides, and ryegrass herbicides. They are eminently sensible, and target a market which has been identified as emerging through expert identification of the problem. They are not random adverts....as you'd expect for KFC and BigMac's.

To most of you, there are no aviation 'connections'....but let me explain:

(1) Flystike probably requires immediate yarding, so why not have the sheep classer out for a look at the same time? That's useful.....he flies a Cessna 182

(2) Resistant,(not rogue), ryegrass is the greatest weed challenge in southern Australia, and we spend hundreds of millions of dollars on it - yet it's still ahead of our best science. The aggie up the road with his C188, or AT-502, has a very real interest in what works on resistant ryegrass,and whether it goes through his aircraft or not

(3) Adverts for the Field Days? Great for aviation - up to 50 aircraft can turn up at Dowerin, and 30 or more at Mingenew and newdegate

(4) Ram and Stud sheep sales, Cropping Field Days, Ag Dept Field Days - All good for aviation....plenty of people aviate there

Sure, they can and do get the facts awry on news.....about the same as you see on 'city' channels I'd suggest.

But, it's a bit rich to criticise the advertising content.

As the old 80's bumper sticker said ..... don't criticise with your mouth full

happy days,

Gunnadothat
2nd Sep 2006, 10:34
[QUOTE=poteroo;2819597]On the Quality of GWN TV Advertising.........
Sure, they can and do get the facts awry on news.....about the same as you see on 'city' channels I'd suggest.
But, it's a bit rich to criticise the advertising content.

As I said earlier, tongue in cheek....:}

Amazing how these sorts of comments cause everyone to "squawk ident" :E

GDT

Led Zep
2nd Sep 2006, 10:48
Did someone say squawk ident? :E
I like hearing about my local bloke from CRT, the latest offerings from Case IH how Tankswest guarantee it!! :} :}

:ok:

And attempting to keep on topic, a well done to the crew. :cool: