PDA

View Full Version : Nice

Cahlibahn
29th Aug 2006, 09:21
I'm told that at NCE Terminal 1 the hand baggage situation is as per normal but that at Terminal 2 (or possibly only EasyJet at T2) no hand baggage at all (not even allowed to purchase stuff at airside shops) is permitted. Does anyone here know the full facts?

Johnny F@rt Pants
29th Aug 2006, 10:13
I operated for Jet2 the other day to NCE, T1. We had similar restrictions, all pax were frisked at the bottom of the airbridge, and their hand luggage was searched, all items that broke the rules were then confiscated. Our handling agent told us this was to continue till the end of Sept:ugh: Needless to say we were then delayed and the pax weren't best pleased at having their stuff confiscated:mad:

James 1077
29th Aug 2006, 11:25
I flew back from Nice on Sunday on eJ as pax and there was no hand luggage allowed on the flight. Also confiscation of bottled water etc purchased in duty free itself.

Only things allowed on board were passport, wallet and a book / magazine.

These security arrangements appear to be in place simply to scare passengers away judging by the fact that people were actually in tears from fear as they believe that the reason for the additional security at Nice alone is that there is an actual threat rather than assumed.

Not sure how many people decide not to fly in the end but I know my wife needed convincing onto the flight and was very close to not getting on and getting the train back instead!

Cahlibahn
29th Aug 2006, 11:53
Thanks James for that information. Does this only apply to EasyJet or is it affecting all international departures at T2?

southender
29th Aug 2006, 12:13
When I flew back from Nice last Thursday, it was only Easyjet's UK destinations that appeared to be affected.

Cheers

Southender

Binder
29th Aug 2006, 14:58
Nice airport have an issue in that UK bound pax from T2, who are prevented from carrying cabin baggage, then mix airside with pax bound for other destinations where cabin baggage is permitted. The opportunity to pass on articles between pax exists.

However, Nice airport are blaming their no cabin baggage policy on UK imposed restrictions, which is not the case.

These measures are seriously pi**ing off a lot of easyjet passengers for sure.

It's about time the French got on and sorted this mess at Nice out.

Binder

James 1077
29th Aug 2006, 15:48
Thanks James for that information. Does this only apply to EasyJet or is it affecting all international departures at T2?

When I asked I was told that it was all flights to the UK and Ireland; and not just easyJet flights.

This came from one of the guys checking boarding passes just before security so I can't be sure if the info is totally right but I would assume it is so.

Oddly enough there is nothing about it on the Nice Airport website as I had a look before I flew out there.

Cahlibahn
29th Aug 2006, 16:53
Actually there is information on the website, albeit misleading :rolleyes:

Security measures for USA, UK and Israel

Updated : 28/08/2006
Events period : August 2006

Due to the threat posed to flights to these destinations, security measures have been increased.

Furthermore, passengers are informed that on flights to the United States, United Kingdom and Israel, liquids (drinks, etc.) or gels (shampoo, lotions, toothpaste, hair gel) are forbidden in the cabin (i.e. as hand luggage) with the exception of food to be eaten and essential or prescription medicines with an accompanying prescription in the name of the passenger.

The airline companies may add their own corresponding measures to these measures.

For more information, please contact your airline directly.