PDA

View Full Version : Air Seychelles-Pilot recruitment

Satanabduljabar
29th Aug 2006, 06:29
Hi All,

I was looking for a bit of help. I would like to apply to Air Seychelles but the email addresses on the website don't seem to work.

Does anyone have any idea of who I need to contact? Also, is there anyone there that can give me details on what the company is like to work for?

Cheers in advance.

JT8D-15
29th Aug 2006, 10:37
Try these. They don't all work all the time but if you keep trying you may get through on one of them. They have worked for me in the past. Never got the job but the e-mails got through.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Good Luck

R.Cruizo
29th Aug 2006, 13:26
Hello Satanabdul,
Which side where you applying to? Domestic or international??

Domestic has 3 Twin Otters + 1 Shorts 360: International 2 B767-300's

RC

Jelly Doughnut
29th Aug 2006, 13:39
Few years ago the ops manager was a UK chap called Bob Blagborough (not sure if spelling is correct) ... why don't you phone them and ask to speak to him.

cavortingcheetah
30th Aug 2006, 06:11
:hmm:

This is a little scuttlebutt and might be a tad old but it might be helpful.

The men one might need to speak with in Air Seychelles are Steve Quilindo or David Savy, who is/was Chief Pilot. Both are Seychellois, David S's family being one of the oldest on the islands. Looking up a Savy in the telephone directory there is a bit like looking up a Smith in the UK.
Steve Q used to fly in and out of Gatwick quite regularily. That would, of course, be Heathrow now.

Bob Blagborough's contract as Operations Manager 767 came up for renewal this year. I understand that the contract is a two year rolling one and don't know who the new man may be; if there is a new man at all. The man before BB lasted two years in the post before returning to South Africa.

As far as I know; Air Seychelles do not recruit outside the island for FO positions, although needs must when the Devil drives, and so on. Ex-patriate Captains are recruited on contract from time to time on the Boeing and their prime objective is to train up the local pilots. As such, a significant amount of experience is required.
The twin Otters were used as a stepping stone for the jets and I am not aware of any foreign pilots being employed on these aircraft.
I think that as an ex-patriate the job security is not brilliant and that that part of the salary that was paid in foreign currency did not amount to a great deal. Housing allowance was paid in local currency but rents are expensive there and you cannot convert any excess Seychelles rupees which you may save into hard money.
The overall cost of living is not cheap but the lifestyle for some is absolutely fabulous. In my opinion, you would have to bring money in to the islands in order to really enjoy yourself, buy a boat and so on. Cars are extremely expensive. Any $/£/€ you bring in to the island and convert to Rupees cannot be taken out again in any currency other than Rupees, which are worthless outside the islands. There is a large luxury development being marketed on the eastern side of Mahe, being built on reclaimed land. It is being very heavily marketed in South Africa as well as in the UK. The twist lies in the forex and, I suppose, the next Tsunami. The last one washed away part of the main road between the airport and Victoria. I expect that it still has not been repaired?
If it were my intention to work for Air Seychelles I'd drift by the islands for a little reconoittering holiday. A very pleasant place to do some employment research.:D

R.Cruizo
30th Aug 2006, 06:37
What ' Cheetah says is basically 100% correct.

I spent a few years in Seychelles. It is very beutiful and actually quite clean for an Island nation with a reasonable infrastucture.

They only hire expats as Captains, both international and domestic. You will need a type rating and ( pref) experience on type.

The housing allowance pays for a reasonable standard of accomodation, the salary is normally paid in local currency with a portion in foreign currency.

General produce , fuel etc is very expensive in Seychelles, especially any type of alcohol.

I can definetly recommend working there, however if you are joinning domectic to go to the jets, FORGET IT!! They are very very national orientated.

PM me if you need anymore help.

Cheers
RC

cavortingcheetah
30th Aug 2006, 07:48
:hmm:

Cheetah has more than a long passing acquaintance with Seychelles having first travelled there with his Land Rover by boat from Bombay on the SS. Kampala, long before the airport was built, and then shipped on to Mombasa on the SS. Karanja
What he says is always 100% correct, even when he is not quite 101% accurate; it is still correct.:p

Satanabduljabar
30th Aug 2006, 16:25
Thanks gents for all you info. Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you, I've been away from the computer for a few days.

Cruzio please check your PMs. I would like to know a bit more.....

winguru
7th Jan 2008, 13:10
They are currently recruiting captain for SD360.

I wonder if they would take a twin otter captain, for the job, or they are strick about it and will only recruit captain for SD360.

Haxe
25th Sep 2015, 09:11
AFAIK there is a 50k reward to join the company.

Are there any news about the ops and stuff?

cavortingcheetah
25th Sep 2015, 13:44
Do you mean that the pilot pays the company 50k to give him a job flying with them? If so then what currency as in US$ or Seychelles rupees or even €s?

Denti
26th Sep 2015, 02:14
There is a certain signing bonus in US$ for air berlin captains that are willing to work for them on both A330 and A320. I doubt that it is open to the general public and the bonus might not be payed by air seychelles themselves but rather by etihad and/or air berlin.

cavortingcheetah
26th Sep 2015, 06:02
Is this how Air Berlin and Etihad deal with captains who fail their simulator checks? It's a reverse transfer fee? Thank you.

Denti
26th Sep 2015, 06:17
Nah, with air berlin theres no penalty at all for failing checks, you cannot get fired for that ever. So they have to train you up to proficiency again, even if it takes years.

It is just a lump sum signing bonus to lure people there for a year or two before they return to their job with air berlin with full seniority and benefits.

emergencyexit
16th Dec 2015, 13:43
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Air Seychelles crew is laying over in Paris for more than 12 hours that the aircraft stays on the ground? In other words, is the crew staying 12 Yours or a couple of days?
Thanks !

Piloto Maluco
21st Dec 2015, 22:17
The aircraft arrives at Paris at 5:30am and leaves at 6.00pm
The crew stays 3 days in layover in Paris as there is 3 flights a week.
Sometimes the pilots (EY), go back to AUH in DHD and others pilots come to Paris.

emergencyexit
29th Dec 2015, 14:15
thanks a lot for this valuable information.
any chance you would know where they fly to with time left on their only one seychelles registered 330? are they flying some charter to frankfurt or elsewhere in europe? they seem to take inhouse the other 330 which is still UAE registered. where are they going to operate it?
thanks again

pilot4eva
31st Dec 2015, 16:55
Air Seychelles recently advertised for Twin otter pilots(Captains and F/O) through a pilot recruitment site but not on their careers page!Has anyone received any reply from them?