PDA

View Full Version : Armed Robbers Hit JIA - again!

putt for dough
29th Aug 2006, 05:50
[B][I]Schalk Mouton, Beeld
Johannesburg - The Johannesburg Airport was robbed again.
According to Karin Duncker, a spokesperson for the German airline Lufthansa, a group of armed men broke into the airline's cargo sheds shortly after midnight on Monday. An undisclosed amount of electronic equipment was stolen.
Duncker was unable to say how many robbers had broken in and could not disclose the value of the stolen equipment.
"Nobody was injured," she said. "That is the only information I have."
According to superintendent Vish Naidoo, spokesperson for the police at the airport, the robbers tied up a security guard and stole his cellphone. They then tried to remove one of the gates to the cargo shed with a fork lift.
"That is all I can confirm," he said. He didn't want to reveal more as the investigation was apparently at a very sensitive stage.
"We expect to make an arrest in connection with the incident soon," he said.
Four employees of the Airports Company of South Africa (Acsa) were earlier fired because of their alleged involvement in a robbery in March during which foreign currency to the value of R69m was stolen from an aircraft in the airport.
Nazir Ismail and Rooakaya Ibrahim, Sean Sobramoney, a bird and nature official, and Magdalene Moonsamy, industry controller, were arrested early in May. Acsa found them guilty on July 25 for the part they had played in the robbery.
They were charged with the robbery along with 11 other suspects, namely Shaheed Rudolf, 34, his brother Rushdee, 42, Christopher Billings, 31, Tebogo Nhlapo, 30, Fox Sithole, 31, Uakotokia Tjinkinda, 37, Mzikisi Magwaza, 24, Vusimusi Khumalo, 32, Themba Phutsitsi, 33, Annanias Nepfumbe, 38, and Danisa Tshuma, 32. [I][B]

Airforce1
29th Aug 2006, 11:03
Its all too much of a joke ....again, Like taking candy from a baby!

Can't wait for the future headlines...
OLIVER TAMBO ROBBED AGAIN :E

Solid Rust Twotter
29th Aug 2006, 11:10
Another robbery? Yawwwnnnnn....:hmm:

If they want headlines that will grab the attention of the public they should try "GOVT OFFICIAL REMOVES SNOUT FROM GRAVY TROUGH!!".

B Sousa
29th Aug 2006, 22:06
Obviously the Airlines dont care. If they did, they would call the Security folks at El Al and ask what they do differently.

Clue: They have real Security..........