PDA

View Full Version : Cathay and moving expenses

Mach75
28th Aug 2006, 22:49
Hi there,

I was told that CX will ship a small amount of your belongings from your home country to Hong Kong free of charge if you are hired as an expat DESO or DEFO. Can anyone refresh my memory as to the specific amount (I believe there is a max. weight & dimension) that the company will allow you to ship free of charge?

Thanks.

mayday911
28th Aug 2006, 23:13
DEFOs are not hired as expats. DEFOs get an employment visa for 9 months but are not entitled to any expat benefits.

Mayday

Mach75
29th Aug 2006, 02:10
Thanks Mayday911, I did know that - I actually didn't mean to ask about DEFO's. Any insight into how much Cx will contribute to moving expenses from Home to Hong Kong for DESO's?

marbles1
29th Aug 2006, 05:31
you get 180kg/adult and 90kg/child. All space available. It is free of charge but you have to pay the fees in Hong Kong when you pick up the freight which amounts to around 500hkd. As far as I knowThe freight can only be shipped from your designated port of domicile.

Mach75
29th Aug 2006, 18:25
Thanks for the replies. Just curious, what do you mean by "all space available". Also, I assume that this would all be shipped via Cx Cargo, correct?

rampvet
29th Aug 2006, 19:09
"Space available" means, I assume, that your freight will be bumped for any revenue cargo.

Also, when you travel to ADL for training I believe you will be allowed to check in 40 kg of baggage.