PDA

View Full Version : 1Time fleet

grjplanes
28th Aug 2006, 21:45
Can anyone perhaps give a sum-up of 1Time's current fleet, and/or what aircraft are flying for them. Had someone flying on an all-white aircraft with them on Thursday, I presume a MD-83?

Shrike200
28th Aug 2006, 21:56
I was told the white one was pressed into service a little more quickly than planned (ie. before the proper paint job) to replace the one that got 'punctured' by it's jack. I could of course be totally wrong.

Romeo E.T.
29th Aug 2006, 07:45
was told the white one was pressed into service a little more quickly than planned (ie. before the proper paint job) to replace the one that got 'punctured' by it's jack. I could of course be totally wrong.

The white MD belongs to Safair and is leased to them including ground support/maintenance etc.
Possibly introduced to increase the seating capacity per sector, as well as shortage due to DC9 jack incident.
Rumour gas it that the DC9 that got a "jack-up-its-rear-end" will in fact be repaired fully.

grjplanes
29th Aug 2006, 20:23
To how many does it bring the MDs?
Any idea how their expansion in the fleet might look like in the short-term? I note that 1T will double flights on ELS-CPT from 2 to 4, introduce 2 weekly ELS-DUR and also 2 weekly PLZ-CPT, all from November. Flights to Bloem isn't available from that time, so I guess they might drop it...?

Deskjocky
30th Aug 2006, 08:21
Also noticed that on their new schedule, think the SAX Q400 started to hurt there.

I have a big issue with this kind of machine gun scheduling- 2 flights per week? Why bother? I say commit to a route and make it work then expand to the next one- you don’t have to fly there 10 times a day but I believe anything less than one frequency a day or you will never stand a chance to make money (even more so given the poor average fare that particular route produces), chances are if the route cannot sustain you with that bare minimum then its not worth the bother- all you are doing is making ACSA /ATNS/ Equity more profitable- Mr O I know you are reading… :suspect: There will never be a chance for 1T for build that route-SAA will never stop flying there- a reduction in capacity was proposed for the new timetable….naturally those impish scheduling buffoons were suitable nuked/castigated/castrated and I’m sure they are now probably looking to schedule the 744 over Christmas on the route!:ouch: :ugh:

FUG
31st Aug 2006, 08:56
ZS-OPX, the white MD was scheduled to be introduced in October to replace a DC9 and to give extra capacity. With the jack incident the date was moved forward and hence was not painted. That makes it 4 MD's in fleet.
BFN flights will still be loaded once slots are finalised.