PDA

View Full Version : Info on living conditions

hereicum
28th Aug 2006, 18:07
Im a 19 yo low houred pilot wanting to come to Africa to build my hours, Im happy to work anywhere flying anything considering the hours I have.

Was wondering how is the life there, in terms of living conditions, social life etcetc? Is there much mixing between local and european people? I heard there are loads of beautiful local woman there, and they are usually pretty keen for foreigners... would I need to worry about AIDS etcetc? How about language?

Any info would be great thanks

Smelly Mlahi
28th Aug 2006, 18:23
hey mate

I've been here in Africa for a while and also have a black fetish, been getting heaps as well as a few exotic diseases - try Qbar is Dar es Salaam Tanzania, your kind of scene bud

Or Nairobi? Try Zanze bar, loads of locals all gagging for it, especially from a strapping young foreign pilot lad like yourself

Enjoy - remember to double sheath!

aacoholic
29th Aug 2006, 10:45
Mate, Africa is not for the faint hearted! Beware as it is crawling with Aids and once you have it you wont get rid of it! Dont expect living conditions to live up to European standards!

putt for dough
29th Aug 2006, 11:13
would I need to worry about AIDS etcetc?

Oh boy, we got a greenie on our hands here.:eek:
Umm yes you would definately have to worry about aids!
Its all over our lovely continent.

JetPark
29th Aug 2006, 11:24
hereicum: You are, of course, having us all on right?:ugh:

hereicum
29th Aug 2006, 19:59
Thanks for your initial replies and helping me in the right direction. Thanks especially to Smelly Mlahi for the Q Bar info, maybe PM and we can catch up once I there. By the way whats the mlahi thing about?

Ive seen a post about Coastal in Dar, whats the latest news with low time pilots? Whens the best time to arrive? And, the chicks over there, I had a mate come back and said he had some any night he wanted it....true? I mean im really keen in meeting some hot women over there. Its sounds like a great place to have fun and adventures.

Smelly Mlahi
29th Aug 2006, 20:07
I'm talking about black velvet buddy.:cool:

GotheriK
29th Aug 2006, 20:23
Eww...

Pretty African women? Isn't that an oxymoron? (Besides SA)?

Going tribal!

captpalangi
29th Aug 2006, 20:53
I've been flying in East Africa now for 3 years... I have had an amzing local Kenyan partner now for the last 2 years. (Far from 'tribal')

Gotherik, have you ever even been to Africa to see these 'tribal' woman or let alone experience them for yourself? The 'tribal' woman I have had here are confident, nubile, and more sexy than you can imagine. Its a pity so many of our pilot colleagues are too bigoted to experience this for themselves.

hereicum, yes, you need to be aware of the risks in being involved with some of the local woman here, but I assure you, immerse yourself in the local culture and you will not be dissapointed...karibu sana.

GotheriK
29th Aug 2006, 22:11
I've been flying in East Africa now for 3 years... I have had an amzing local Kenyan partner now for the last 2 years. (Far from 'tribal')

Gotherik, have you ever even been to Africa to see these 'tribal' woman or let alone experience them for yourself? The 'tribal' woman I have had here are confident, nubile, and more sexy than you can imagine. Its a pity so many of our pilot colleagues are too bigoted to experience this for themselves.

hereicum, yes, you need to be aware of the risks in being involved with some of the local woman here, but I assure you, immerse yourself in the local culture and you will not be dissapointed...karibu sana.

Hey man, sorry, it was a bit of a joke. Obviously I don't really think all women from Africa are "tribal" :} .

Woof etc
29th Aug 2006, 22:29
Fascinating to see how many contributors on first couple of posts. Coincidence??

tinpis
30th Aug 2006, 09:50
Malaria...lost a Brit captain once ok at dinner mort next morning.:uhoh:

pilotsgirl
30th Aug 2006, 11:13
Are all pilots such chauvinists, or is it just the males? And what do they teach you where ever it is you're from? For your info, local is not just lekker in SA. Namibia, Zimbabwe and Botswana have, for a fact, all shades of "locals" as you call it. And AIDS? That's not just a problem in Africa! If you did more than read dirty mags and think about "getting some" and actually kept up to date with current affairs, you would not need to ask these questions! Personally, I think Africa would be better off without you, "hereicum", so go fly somewhere else!

ERASER
30th Aug 2006, 11:21
AIDS and other ugly VD stories - Best prevention = abstinence :=

If you really have to get "local", condomize (everytime) and aviod any fluid transfer, you should be ok. :p

Malaria = use medication religiously and protect against mozzy bites (sleep under net ect ect) :)

Africa is rough and not for the faint hearted :}

E

cavortingcheetah
30th Aug 2006, 13:59
:hmm:

AIDS is not a problem in South Africa. After years of mutation a form of this disease has surfaced there which can be cured, according to health minister Dr Manto Tshabalala-Msimang, by eating garlic and beetroot and drinking lemon juice.
Malaria can be warded off by liberally mixing one's gin with tonic. This is easy to find and is sold all over the place in large green bottles that have screw tops.
Most locals speak some form of English so communication should not be a problem. Mind you, in the western part of the country; it helps if you speak German.
The women down south just adore little trinkets. It is always such a good idea to fill one's safari jacket pockets with little beads. Coloured ones are the best at the moment as some of the locals are getting quite clued up as to the difference between glass and diamonds. The wild coast is a great place to stay on furlough and one can still find prawns easily enough just by walking along the sandy beaches.
Some of the local women who can trace their descent from the settlers can be a little harder to accomodate than others. Many of them have become thin and scrawny from too much exposure to the local diet and the sunshine. Generally speaking they can be bought on the promise of inclusion in one's passport but one should excercise caution. Some of them have AIDS which has been contracted up north and which is quite resistant to garlic and other herbalistic remedies.:ooh:

Woof etc
30th Aug 2006, 15:05
Cavorting Cheetah: You didnt mention that South African strains of HIV are easily killed by showering following intercourse.

Even our vice president endorses this approach so it must work.

Desperate Wannabe
30th Aug 2006, 16:04
Have to agree with Woof Etc on this one, too many first timers on the same thread
I smell a rat and a wind up,good solid advice cavortingcheetah.
Anyway I'm off for a shower, with my gin and tonic and my garlic and herb bread.

ERASER
31st Aug 2006, 05:26
It might not be a rat you're smelling, just the garlic-concocttion :E :E

corkscrew
31st Aug 2006, 11:30
Woof etc, what ridiculous advice! Everyone in SA knows that HIV doesn't cause AIDS! Wouldn't even bother with a shower... :ok:

ERASER
31st Aug 2006, 11:49
and after 15 drinks one might feel that AIDS is in any case just a vicious rumour :} :} till the next morning :eek:

E

hereicum
31st Aug 2006, 15:24
Good to see that me and the boys in the house here arent the only ones in aviation with too much spare time on our hands.

Been a pleasure folks, and to those that took the bait, thanks heaps. It was delightful.

Hereicum

reptile
31st Aug 2006, 17:39
He he he he ....Bet pilotsgirl feels like a bit of a tit. :D

hereicum
31st Aug 2006, 22:09
Though I cant speak on behalf of pilotsgirl, I must say that if I'd come forward with such an opinion I'd feel like a bit of an ass! Theres a strange fascination with going fishing for people that you'll never meet and ripping them to pieces on the net...ah so therapeudic in a sadistic kinda way:}

JetPark
1st Sep 2006, 05:32
So I WAS right :p

ERASER
1st Sep 2006, 06:49
OH MAAAAANNNN!!!!! Really ??? :uhoh: Thats so-o not nice of you :\ and here I thought I would be receiving some kind of award for my lecture :{

You're not on my xmas card list anymore :}

E

PS Take care out there :)

pilotsgirl
14th Feb 2007, 12:09
It's taken me six months to work up the courage to check out the end of this thread - because a friend of mine told me what the outcome had been. Yip, I feel like a tit. However, I comfort myself with the following: "Many a true word spoken in jest". So, yes, I might have been hasty in reacting, but my reaction was based on two years of daily contact with pilots. I don't feel too bad :O for believing that this was just another one of the less respectable ones!

I.R.PIRATE
14th Feb 2007, 13:53
As a pilot, calling yourself pilotsgirl is a tad...well...how do put it....self deprecating?:confused:

mini
14th Feb 2007, 22:17
Pilotsgirl,

"two years of daily contact with pilots"

You're having us on... :E

merlinxx
14th Feb 2007, 23:07
Maybe a Night Fighter (as well young ones in the 60s called them) in the sun!

Leftpedal
15th Feb 2007, 09:51
Hmmm... only 2 posts from pilotsgirl eh? I smell ANOTHER rat!
Convince us that you're genuine by posting a picture of yourself feeling a tit.

pilotsgirl
15th Feb 2007, 10:59
Yesterday 16:53I.R.PIRATEAs a pilot, calling yourself pilotsgirl is a tad...well...how do put it....self deprecating?:confused:

Did I say that I'm a pilot? := Let's just say I'm an "interested party"...

Today 12:51LeftpedalHmmm... only 2 posts from pilotsgirl eh? I smell ANOTHER rat!
Convince us that you're genuine by posting a picture of yourself feeling a tit.

If that's your standard pick-up line, you might want to speak to your friends. I've heard better.:yuk:

oompilot
15th Feb 2007, 12:22
Pilotsgirl sounds like……….a pilots girl. Another wannabe!! If not show us the picture. You never now your dream may come true!