PDA

View Full Version : UK Airport landing fees

EGKK931
28th Aug 2006, 15:40
Where can I find out what each individual airports landing fees are?

I am particularly interested in BAA London airports such as Gatwick and Heathrow.

How are these paid by each airline and who are they payable to?

Who sets these as I believe the CAA has some influence on them? Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

mmeteesside
28th Aug 2006, 15:53
Most fees at Durham Tees Valley are available on the airport website, not sure about other airports though :confused:

Slavedriver
28th Aug 2006, 16:48
BAA landing fees are available on the respective airport's website under "conditions of use" (something like that anyway.

Momentary Lapse
28th Aug 2006, 19:47
Manchester's fees and charges are here: http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/web.nsf/Content/FeesAndChargesLiterature .

MAN, STN, LHR, LGW and possibly some others are regulated, which means the CAA sets the amount by which charges must decrease every year. If the airports make too much money, the CAA makes the reduction more stringent, arguing that the airport's are profiteering from their monopoly position. The airports argue that they are entitled to a profit, and if excess profit is going straight back to the airlines in reduced charges, they might as well not bother to be efficient or cut costs.

Given the huge increase in the number of competitor airports since this system was set up by the 1986 Airports Act, some would argue that there is a sufficiently competitive market now, such that the regulatory regime could be disbanded.

Watch out for some major change in this area in the next few years.

terrain safe
28th Aug 2006, 21:32
look in the FAL section of the AIP.

Crosswind Limits
7th Sep 2006, 07:47
Hi there

Can anyone tell me the name of the Dutch company (Rotterdam based) that used to run the BA Exec Club in Dubai? Of course they might still be running it but my info only goes up to 1999/2000!

Many thanks.