PDA

View Full Version : EZY Life @ LPL

GMIMA
28th Aug 2006, 12:14
Hi Guyz and Gals

Can anyone tell me what its like being base at LPL with EZY please? also as a rough guide how much is the sector pay each month??

cheers:}

stall recovery
29th Aug 2006, 12:17
I've just had my base transfer to Liverpool confirmed. I'm really looking forward to it. I've asked around a lot and I am yet to hear a bad word said, thats from both pilots and crew.

supergimp
29th Aug 2006, 13:03
Does easyjet operate 737 in Liverpool or Airbus?

dwlpl
29th Aug 2006, 14:52
Its part of the way down the line of converting from a 737 to 319 base.

supergimp
29th Aug 2006, 17:46
Any idea how long will it take to fully convert to the Airbus?

10002level
30th Aug 2006, 09:37
stall recovery,
Glad to hear that you are about to join what is, IMHO, the best base in the easyJet network. Great crews, excellent base captain and a good airport to work from (the car park is next to the crewroom). Most duties are 4 sector days which can be quite long, but there are a few two sector days as well.
supergimp,
Expect LPL to be all A319 sometime this winter.
GMINA,
Sector pay depends upon which seat you are sat in. However you can expect to fly approaching 900 hours each year and it should not be too difficult to work out what your sector pay would be. :)

stall recovery
30th Aug 2006, 09:50
10002level

Thanks for that! I like the idea of the car park not being a bus ride away from the crewroom!! Really looking forward to it......see you in November.!!!

Danny
30th Aug 2006, 11:58
Any of you newcomers looking to buy a house near the airport? I'm selling mine. Located less than 5 minutes from Liverpool airport. You can be off duty and home within minutes. No traffic queues. No motorway. Considering some of the long duty days you LoCo guys put in, wouldn't you like to be able to have those extra hours at home instead of commuting?

Double fronted detached 4 bedroom house in a quiet cul-de-sac of just 6 houses. Large rear garden with south facing aspect.

http://www.halifaxhomefinder.co.uk/images/HomeFinderInternet1/HF655936.HF51000.M7969892.I7969892.L.JPG http://www.halifaxhomefinder.co.uk/images/HomeFinderInternet1/HF655936.HF51000.M1079892.I1079892.L.JPG

See http://www.halifaxhomefinder.co.uk/HxHfDetails.asp?ref=65593651000 for full details.

PM me if you are interested. Discount for any PPRuNer wanting to purchase this property.

(If I can't advertise my own house on my own site then heaven knows what I'm doing this for!)

stall recovery
30th Aug 2006, 12:15
That looks like a lovely pad Danny.....but I'll be driving over from Manc' each day....

I'm also a first time buyer so I think my offer may be slightly less than you'd be looking for!!

Best of luck!

Banzai Eagle
30th Aug 2006, 18:53
Danny

Any chance of aircrew discount! (sorry had to say that)

Danny
31st Aug 2006, 00:29
Aircrew/PPRuNe discount available. Better hurry though. Two offers at full asking price already in but they're in a chain!

easy
31st Aug 2006, 19:09
5 minutes from the airport.... looks a bit nice for Speke:} :cool:

kriskross
31st Aug 2006, 23:19
Yes, but Danny's pad is across the Mersey, so only 5 minutes if you have a boat!!!

Norman Stanley Fletcher
1st Sep 2006, 06:48
Regarding sector pay at EZY, the effective pre-tax UK sector pay on 500 sectors per year is about 15K STG for Captains and 10K STG for FOs. There is a slightly strange tax arrangement in place with the UK tax authorities so to make it easier if you gross it up that is what you would get. Therefore as high rate tax payers you receive 0.6 of that sum in your hand per annum. I hope that makes sense. These figures apply to all pilots employed by easyJet and do not vary whether you are TRSS, type-rated etc.

GMIMA
1st Sep 2006, 17:30
Hi guys

LPL sounds like its a good base to be based out of!!!!!

Any idea what sort of questions the sim instructor asks u when u r PNF? cheers :cool:

rada76
1st Sep 2006, 20:33
Now now GMIMA :)
Whats wrong with the fourty one other things on the isle????
Not orange?
;)

BTSM
3rd Sep 2006, 19:46
I would rather live in Kabul than Speke.

Are you going to censor this post as well Danny?

Danny
3rd Sep 2006, 20:45
I couldn't give a toss where you'd rather live. I'm trying to sell my house and your prejudices can take a running jump in the Mersey as far as I'm concerned. If you think that south Liverpool is such a bad place then that's your problem. You don't have to work out of Liverpool and I thought it would be a good idea to offer my house to someone who may be considering moving to this area.

I know what it is like to try and find a decent property somewhere reasonable for a decent price. Just because you choose to live darn sarth and need a mortgage to buy a shoebox because your cojones are too small to venture north of Watford doesn't mean that I am going to let you try and mess up anyone elses plans.

Liverpool is an interesting city which, like most other urban locations has had in the past a fair share of problems. Over the last few years property prices have been climbing here as more and more investment has been ploughed back into the city. I do not recognise the centre any more and the suburbs, especially in the south near the airport have seen massive change. There are still some areas that could be considered run down, Speke being one of them but I don't live in Speke.

So, if you are new to the area, looking to possibly move there and would like a new property at a very good price then consider my house. That's all.

BitMoreRightRudder
3rd Sep 2006, 21:11
Sadly a fair bit out of my price range on my current basic but encouraging that a property as desirable as that is available at what looks a very reasonable price. Don't suppose you'd consider renting it out to a group of F/Os' Danny?:O

Ah well, couple of years time maybe!

jayteeto
4th Sep 2006, 20:15
Things are changing down here in liverpool. Speke is still not desirable, but crime levels are right down on a couple of years ago. Other areas are MUCH worse thesedays. A lot of new investment and housing happening in the south of the city and out towards warrington. If you can afford it, go a bit east, but there are no 'safe' areas anywhere nowadays. Criminals just go on awaydays and rob a couple of houses in a night, usually in a nice residential area with a good reputation.

Charley B
7th Sep 2006, 08:01
Danny,
That is one gorgeous,gorgeous, house---can understand why you have had two full asking price offers!!!
We'd love to have that one on our books at work!!!!
Good luck with the sale---try and get a buyer with a short chain or none at all--it make life soooooooooooo much easier!

touch&go
7th Sep 2006, 08:33
Danny,

Thought I would see pictures of old computers piled high or are they hidden in the box room?

GMIMA
13th Oct 2006, 23:23
hi guys

any idea what sort of sector pay each month i will end up with each month based out of LPL, also what is the rough take home pay(TRSS SFO)

cheers:ok: