PDA

View Full Version : Restricted UK ATPL

b737bbj
28th Aug 2006, 12:12
I am currently in the process of gaining a UK ATPL based on previous flying experience, i.e. I hold an ICAO ATPL with significant Jet Command time, and will eventually be issued with a UK ATPL, albeit restricted to UK aircraft only.
Would anyone else like to share their experience in getting this 'restricted' UK ATPL recognised by other member states? The LASORS quotes:

"As this licence does not fully comply with JAR-FCL the holder must have permission from any other JAA Member State prior to exercising the licence privileges in aircraft registered in that State."

Has anyone been successful in getting this restricted licence recognised?

itsbrokenagain
28th Aug 2006, 13:01
I came across and taught many people in the same position of you, they had the restricted licence, which is really just a validated licence. There was one guy who got an approval to fly in Belgium, but only Belgium, and another who somehow got a job ferrying planes for airbus and he also got his validated. All the others ended up with the 14 exams and theory tests, as well as a radio licence test , they didnt need the flight test as they were getting that as part of the PIC recurrent with their current employer.