PDA

View Full Version : Oz Jobs

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
28th Aug 2006, 12:07
Hi Woomeri',

In the past we had Mr & Mrs Windys much loved Oz Jobs, but we are not allowed to do this anymore.

Our very good friends in the African Aviation are permitted this tripe ( http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=121143 ), no offence, in my opinion is a complete waste of bandwidth.

What are we allowed to do on this front ?, it would be highly read if Pilots were able to list positions vacant/leads within their organisation.

Pprune is significantly less interesting to me without Windshears weekly info, can we dedicate one topic to positions vacant, perhaps with a closure date, and is removed after that date, say a maximum of 14 days per notice ?.

glekichi
29th Aug 2006, 05:10
This might sound stupid, but how about if there was a sliding scale for the cost of advertising based on the required hours for the job being advertised?

I.e. Jobs for pilots < 501hrs = free (therefore OK within forums)
Jobs for 501 - 1001hr pilots heavily discounted
Above that... I have no idea what pprune usually charges for advertising

Just an idea.

flying_flick
29th Aug 2006, 06:18
I like glekichi's idea!

Free advertisements of jobs with low hour requirements will be a benefit to a lot of fresh CPL holders who you see posting here all the time!:ok:

troppo
29th Aug 2006, 07:08
Ok...hypothetical ad...
B200 Captain Required
<500 hours ok (cos we want a free add)
ATPL and must meet insurance/casa requirements...
Glekichi's idea is going to be abused
You can advertise for someone with min hours for free, but exclude them from all likelihood of getting the job with other published (or non published) criteria.

Woomera
29th Aug 2006, 07:39
Copied over to our Admin Forum for Danny's comment.

Sunny Woomera

Cloud Basher
30th Aug 2006, 03:34
Ok...hypothetical ad...
B200 Captain Required
<500 hours ok (cos we want a free add)
ATPL and must meet insurance/casa requirements...
Glekichi's idea is going to be abused
You can advertise for someone with min hours for free, but exclude them from all likelihood of getting the job with other published (or non published) criteria.

Troppo,
Could very well be abused but that is what the Woomeri are for and they can spank said offendes and take whatever action is needed to ensure it doesn't happen again. I am sure those who would abuse it are few and far between and the benefits to PPruners outweight the cost of admin to the Woomeri. (please note this is only a guess and my own personal opinion...)

Cheers
CB

Woomera
30th Aug 2006, 03:49
Please try to understand PPRuNe Admin perspective.

A web site like PPRuNe is very expensive to operate and maintain, that cost being met by a few advertisers paying modest advertising rates. It is for this reason any form of free advertising is not permitted.

A debate is underway in our Admin Forum. You'll be the first to know if there are any changes to the rules or forums.

Sunny Woomera

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
30th Aug 2006, 08:00
This concept is based on pilots providing info, for example, the company i work for has positions available, they are presently advertising elsewhere.

Pprune Oz Jobs of old flourished ( thanks to Mr and Mrs Windy ), the company i work for is not interested in paying anyone but the Australian, therefore no add here.

Posting job vacancies on here will increase the number of hits per day, that is beneficial to Pprune and increase the chances of more funded advertising wanting to come to Prune, Pprunes market increases, more paid advertising to milk the unsuspecting pilot of his or her meagre McDonalds earnt wage, catch my drift ?.

Buster Hyman
30th Aug 2006, 08:09
However, there could be a short term affect on advertisers willing to pay top dollar when they see certain types of advertising permitted for free, or at a heavily discounted rate...

(No real thoughts either way, just playing Devil's advocate.) :ok:

Gen Ties
30th Aug 2006, 21:57
Of course one could go to the Federation website http://www.afap.org.au and look under JOBS.

They seem to have a regular update of a diverse range of entry level jobs.

(Is that advertising?):)

Dragon 1
30th Aug 2006, 22:59
In the spirit of helping out first job wannabes, Single engine positions allowed to be posted. It wont be abused because operators with twins are not going to want to be inundated with resumes from pilots with 200 hoursTT. Compnaies like KAK Air and numerous pastoral companies that are well out of the way of the bigger centres(DN, BRM, KU etc) save guys driving around aimlessly in hope and suffering despair. Alternativley operators can register their details: company size, aircraft types etc. That way Prune can decide if they are eligable to advertise.
Multi jobs, well everyman for himself!!

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
3rd Sep 2006, 00:54
Hi Woomera,

Is there any progress on this subject in the admin forum ?