PDA

View Full Version : Which Netjets pilot can honestly say he is not fatigued?

hawkerpilot
28th Aug 2006, 11:17
It shows up in so many of our threads: we are fatigued to the max.This is something we normally don't admit because it looks like a weakness, but really, who of you isn't?

One major cause is the illegal rule netjets applies that travel on day 1 and 6 don't count to your weekly duty so that you start tired and end tired, with the result that in the few days off you cannot recover with the result you start tired and.......etc

box
28th Aug 2006, 11:27
Why ask us? Ask the Portugese authority! Let them know!

Capt Crash
28th Aug 2006, 17:28
Me.

As the end of the busy period is now here, I can say that I feel fine. I was well rested before the start of the tour and I am taking things easy, early nights and good food (not too much drink).

boostsnare
28th Aug 2006, 17:51
Yes,

Not too much drink, yes it's right otherwise you are fired!:{

Pretzel
28th Aug 2006, 19:52
Yes,

Not too much drink, yes it's right otherwise you are fired!:{

Well if you are drinking when you shouldn´t...what do you expect!?

I personally dont think the company should have been given the bill for the alcohol in the first place... its the pilots private decision/responsibility to drink when he/she wants to...

I find it amusing when pilots expect companies to foot the bill for certain things... what next?? bottle of cristal?!!?? some cigars?!? Caviar!?? lobster!??(only the essentials of course...)

Flintstone
28th Aug 2006, 20:04
Well if you are drinking when you shouldn´t...what do you expect!?

I personally dont think the company should have been given the bill for the alcohol in the first place... its the pilots private decision/responsibility to drink when he/she wants to...

I find it amusing when pilots expect companies to foot the bill for certain things... what next?? bottle of cristal?!!?? some cigars?!? Caviar!?? lobster!??(only the essentials of course...)

Sorry Pretzel, you lost me.

Can you clarify what you are saying?

checklist69
28th Aug 2006, 20:11
Sorry Pretzel, you lost me.
Can you clarify what you are saying?
"In a war of wits I find it best to partake armed" (Fodas Curreilo - 1728-1832)

:hmm:

Flintstone
28th Aug 2006, 20:35
Checklist I'm well aware of the inference but given the seriousness of that inference I consider it proper to ask rather than make an assumption.

Now that you've joined in perhaps you would like to explain? Assuming you know for certain what it is Pretzel is saying?

hawkerpilot
28th Aug 2006, 20:59
The issue here was about fatigue, not drinks. Perhaps I am the only one shattered after every tour and perhaps live is better on the falcon(with a CA):eek: , or the g4 (if you like aerobatics).:rolleyes:

hawkerpilot
28th Aug 2006, 21:02
maybe the portuguese connection can help out,if NOT counting travel on day 1 and 6 is legal or not.............

Flintstone
28th Aug 2006, 22:05
maybe the portuguese connection can help out,if NOT counting travel on day 1 and 6 is legal or not.............

portugueseconnection is on the other forum.

redsnail
29th Aug 2006, 09:17
Last tour, absolutely knackered. This tour, much better. Reason. Reasonable start on Day 1. A few late starts to get some good sleep. Nice finish on Day 6. :D

I realise that all tours can't be like the one I just did but there's no way we can operate safely if all tours are like the one I had previously.