PDA

View Full Version : QF long haul

pinklemonae
28th Aug 2006, 10:57
Hello!

I heard today that QF Long haul new recruitments do not get the usual benifits? (Those they are recruiting overseas I guess) And that the more senior cabin crew do get to keep them..

How true is this?

It was a friend of a friend type thing.

If anyone could clear this up I would be most greatfuk.

sebby
28th Aug 2006, 23:04
Absolutely 100% true..

I think however QANTASUK get full QF staff travel..

flitegirl
29th Aug 2006, 00:13
All off-shore based Qantas crew receive staff travel benefits however I believe it is more restricted than Australian based Qantas staff. Sebby, do NZ based crew get the benefits?

Entitlements are for permanent or fixed-term crew. Many short haul crew in Australia are employed through a contract company and are "casual" (although they work damn hard) and these poor guys are not entitled to staff travel benefits.

Unfortunately these days the only recruitment taking place (other than off shore) is for S/H casual positions. That is probably where your friend got the idea from. :ok:

sebby
29th Aug 2006, 00:56
We kiwis get 2 QEA international, 2QEB international and the same for domestic new zealand... yerp thats all - non upgradeable and only on QF services.

Im sure I read in another thread that QantasUK have access to full Qantas staff travel.

New Zealand Crew do not have any entitlement to Superannuation either as it is not compulsary to pay super in NZ :ugh:

The way of the future hey flitegirl! :yuk:

flitegirl
29th Aug 2006, 02:07
Yep, the LHR crew get benefits but I think there are some restrictions.... possibly only for travel on QF flights. Someone else might be able to help us out with the info here. I think the restrictions are to prevent the expat crew over there on 2 year contracts living in continental Europe and commuting to LHR.

As for that Super issue:eek: I can't believe it!! I'm really surprised the NZ government hasn't made Super compulsory for all workers.

flitegirl
29th Aug 2006, 02:14
Just a note to the moderators..... perhaps this thread should have "staff travel benefits" added to it's title so that it is kept separate from the other QFcrew thread in D&G

DASHSYD
29th Aug 2006, 07:30
I work for QFCCUK - we have full staff travel however I believe our onload category on QF is slightly lower than Aussie based crew. If I weren't able to travel on other airlines there is no way in hell i would ahve made to move form shorthaul as seeing Europe is part of the experience!!!

ozskipper
31st Aug 2006, 16:19
QFUK get exactly the same benefits as Australian based crew, but we have a lower upgrade priority only (it was originally suggested that we would have a lower onload category but it was dropped).